Author BMW Motorrad App will not connect to TFT/Moto  (Read 704 times)

• Offline Bilbo T   us

• GS Member  ‐    13

Offline Bilbo T

• GS Member
    • Bike: 2023 BMW F 850 GSA
    • Town / City: Colorado Springs
    BMW Motorrad App will not connect to TFT/Moto
    on: Jan 21, 2024, 06.01 pm
    Jan 21, 2024, 06.01 pm
    I had my 2023 F850 GSA in for warranty work which took 2 months. Part of the troubleshooting was to load the latest software which wiped out my Bluetooth connections. I have successfully "paired" my iPhone and Cardo headset to the bike. I can play media on the phone and hear it on the headset. I can see my "contacts" info on the Telephone tab on the TFT. However the Navigator VI and Media tabs on the TFT do not work. The Navigation tab says "Connect to Motorrad App". It seems that the App is not connecting to the TFT/moto. I think the App only continues to work if it is connected to the bike every so often and in the 2 months it may have "timed out" and can no longer connect. I have tried deleting the app and reloading it and logging in again which worked but still won't connect to the moto. I have tried deleting the phone and headset and re-pairing. No luck. Anyone know how to force the App to connect to the TFT/moto? Thanks in advance!

• Online SnoDrtRider   us

• GS Master  ‐    871

Online SnoDrtRider

• GS Master
    • Out There!
    • Bike: F850GS
    • Town / City: South Jersey, USA
    Re: BMW Motorrad App will not connect to TFT/Moto
    Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2024, 12.09 pm
    Jan 22, 2024, 12.09 pm
    Go to your "Connections" menu on the TFT and see what devices are there. The Nav connects to the bike via the Nav cradle you should not need to pair the Nav to the bike as long as the Nav is in the cradle.
    Last Edit: Jan 22, 2024, 12.11 pm by SnoDrtRider

• Offline Bilbo T   us

• GS Member  ‐    13

Offline Bilbo T

• GS Member
    • Bike: 2023 BMW F 850 GSA
    • Town / City: Colorado Springs
    Re: BMW Motorrad App will not connect to TFT/Moto
    Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2024, 04.14 pm
    Jan 29, 2024, 04.14 pm
    Here is an update after working with the dealer and playing with the system. Take the following steps, update software on phone, reboot phone, delete BMW Motorrad App, Reboot phone, Reload BMW App and login into your account, go to bike and "Settings" and reset the moto, open the BMW App which should say "Connect motorcycle" at the top of the screen, select "Connect motorcycle" and follow the instructions to connect your phone to the moto via Bluetooth by pairing, the "Telephone tab" on the TFT should show your phone and contacts, HERE IS THE KEY PART!!! - sometimes it will take up to a minute or more for the BMW App to be "recognized" by the TFT and once it does the "Connect your motorcycle" will disappear from the top of the App and it will say "connected" at the top of the main App screen which shows the motorcycle-tank-handlebars-TFT, etc. at the top of the screen. Where I failed was not waiting long enough for the TFT to recognize the app through the Bluetooth connection. Hope this helps those struggling. It's great when it works but a pain if it doesn't. Also you will have to re-load your maps and set up the preferred options in the App as they will all be back to default settings and no maps.

better