• GS Member  ‐    44

Offline MaverickAus

• GS Member
    • Bike: 2023 F750 Sport
    • Town / City: Coffs Harbour
    Sunday ride
    on: Sep 17, 2023, 01.04 pm
    Sep 17, 2023, 01.04 pm

I went for a ride today that involved some highway, back roads, gravel roads and a a tunnel.

I left home just after 8am and headed out along the Orara Way towards Grafton, my plan for today was to ride the Old Grafton / Glen Innes Road along which is a 20 Metre tunnel (60 Feet) something I have wanted to do for years. Topped off the fuel at Grafton just to make sure I had plenty then headed for the turnoff to Dalmorton, the 2 lane blacktop eventually turning into gravel road. Riding alongside the Boyd River and the constantly undulating loose surface was a first for me on the GS, the bike handled it just fine, of course a few PSI less would have been great but not having a compressor with me excluded dropping tyre pressures.

Arrived at Dalmorton and took some photos.

A little further up the road there is the Dalmorton tunnel (more info here https://myrigadventures.com/old-glen-innes-grafton-road-historic-tunnel-nsw/ )

I did some filming with my drone.

After filming a bit at the tunnel I rode some more until I got to a bridge over the Mann River and filmed some more drone footage.

Moving on the road changed back to tarmac and just as well there were a lot of 1st gear switchbacks along with being uphill, I would not have liked to do that in gravel.

Back on the Highway I stopped briefly at Raspberry Lookout to shoot a little more video

Dropping down off the mountain the temperature went from 24 C to 34 so I stopped at Jackadgery for a late lunch (around 2.15PM) I was quite dehydrated by this time and then home via Halfway Creek for a fuel up. I got home around 4.45 so it was a fairly long day around 8 1/2 hours and approx. 420 km. Tomorrow I will book it in for a service as it has 116 km to go and I need to take it to Port Macquarie 150 km away.

Last Edit: Sep 17, 2023, 01.22 pm by MaverickAus

• Online niagarajon   ca

• GS Newbie  ‐    2

Online niagarajon

• GS Newbie
    • Bike: F850 GSA
    • Town / City: St Catharines
    Re: Sunday ride
    Reply #1 on: Sep 17, 2023, 03.44 pm
    Sep 17, 2023, 03.44 pm
    Nice Ride!

Thanks for sharing  :062:

• Offline richardbd   gb

• GS Pro  ‐    398

Offline richardbd

• GS Pro
    • Town / City: London
    Reply #2 on: Sep 19, 2023, 08.12 pm
    Sep 19, 2023, 08.12 pm
    You definitely have more interesting roads on your doorstep than I do!

• Offline lanky_ads   gb

• GS Newbie  ‐    2

Offline lanky_ads

• GS Newbie
    • Bike: F850 GSA TE
    • Town / City: Nottingham
    Reply #3 on: Nov 08, 2023, 01.26 pm
    Nov 08, 2023, 01.26 pm
    Fantastic stuff - great to see the GS on dirt roads.