« on: October 28, 2020, 04:20:35 PM »
Very good video for removing the right side plastic on a 2019 760gs.
News: A big welcome to all new members !
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - Speedijim
« on: October 25, 2020, 03:02:13 PM »
The Garmin Zumo XT I want to connect to ignition control power can run on 10-30 volt DC...
I have it connected to the battery right now, I did not think of the accessory plug. If that is ignition controlled I will use that, otherwise I will tap off the 7.5 amp fuse wire.... Thanks for your help... Jim
Modifications, Accessories, and Appearance / can someone tell me what this is. Looks like a connector« on: October 23, 2020, 02:47:11 PM »
This is under the seat just to rear of the 750GS battery. I looks like an unused connector. Who knows what it is?
« on: October 17, 2020, 06:31:10 PM »
ZUMO XT FEATURES: PRELOADED OFF-ROAD MAPS - GARMIN ADVENTUROUS ROUTING - TRACK RECORDING -
BIRDSEYE SATELLITE IMAGERY - SEND AND RECEIVE GPX FILES
« on: October 14, 2020, 07:53:23 PM »
If you have the BMW GPS mount on your ride and want to use the better & less expensive Garmin ZUMO XT with that mount.
Here is how I did it.
1. remove the 4 bolts holding the GPS quick connect.
2. set the quick connect (wired part) out of the way
3. Take the main part with locking mechanism to your workbench & cut it into 3 pieces as shown left of & above mounting holes
Ignore the long cut on the far left (that was plan A that didn't work out)
4. Now you can mount the ZUMO XT quick connect to the 4 hole piece from old mount. I reversed the black part that mounts to handlebars.
5. Wire the ZUMO XT to your battery
6. wire tie the BMW quick connect & wire out of the way.
That is it.. It is very stable!
The tilt is adjustable - You can see it very well over a tank bag - It doesn't block the digital display
« on: October 14, 2020, 05:38:48 PM »
A set of Black BMW Vario locking side cases. excellent condition. slight scratch. Will fit F750/850GS/A as well as R1200/1250GS. I never use them. They come with one plastic key so they can be re-keyed to your bike. These cases w/locks sell for close to $1,100. Selling for $600. you pay shipping.