BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: GSA Touring Screen on an 850 GS Sport  (Read 330 times)

Offline Darranna

• GS Member
  • Town / City: Essex
GSA Touring Screen on an 850 GS Sport
« on: December 02, 2020, 12:49:08 PM »
As per the title has anyone fitted a GSA Touring Screen and Height adjuster to an 850?

If so what are your conclusions?

Offline Gazza750

• GS Pro
  • Bike: F850GS Adventure
  • Town / City: Yorkshire
Re: GSA Touring Screen on an 850 GS Sport
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 09:12:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by Darranna [+]
As per the title has anyone fitted a GSA Touring Screen and Height adjuster to an 850?

If so what are your conclusions?
I've done the opposite, and removed the standard adjustable screen from my GSA and tried it with a GIVI touring screen, and a Wunderlich Marathon touring screen (both if which I still have from my 750), but ended up putting the original adjustable GSA screen back on as it seemed to be the best overall screen for my needs. And on the GSA you get the small side screens that deflect air around the rider - these had to be removed to fit the GIVI or Wunderlich screens. It doesn't exactly answer your question but I hope it helps none-the-less.

Offline Darranna

• GS Member
  • Town / City: Essex
Re: GSA Touring Screen on an 850 GS Sport
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 11:37:43 PM »
Thanks for posting, Iíve also got the Wunderlich Marathon Screen and adjustable mount (I also have a vertical phone mount and the screen mount wonít fit with that attached) (see pictures), Iíve also got a Givi Airflow Screen and a cheap Chinese Screen with various deflectors.

The only solution I have found is the Airflow in its lowest setting with a deflector fitted, but itís to tall.

Iíve just ordered a Givi Touring screen (it was cheap)