BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Anyone bother with radiator guards?  (Read 508 times)

Offline Queestce

• GS Member
  • Bike: 19' F850GS
  • Town / City: NSW, AUS
Anyone bother with radiator guards?
« on: December 02, 2020, 08:44:34 AM »
G'day all,

I've seen so many 850 radiator guards for sale. Has anyone actually fitted them? Most bikes in the past I have bought some because the radiator core was fully exposed, but the stock plastic cover on the 850 seems okay. I've only hit a few things so far (including a pigeon  :156: ) but I can't spot any damage. Wonder what everyone else is doing? Anyone had something go through the plastic cover?

Cheers,

Tk

Offline keefcambs

• GS Member
  • Bike: GS 850 2020
  • Town / City: Peterborough
Re: Anyone bother with radiator guards?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 05:45:49 PM »

Easy and cheap fit is a mud guard extender, e bay the Chinese are selling these, should get them for around $45 over where you are, easy to fit and if the worst comes to the worst and you drive aggressively off road the thing will self destruct - win win
"Some will have some, some will have none and some will get killed in the rush"

Offline Yorks_Rider

• GS Member
  • Bike: F750GS
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 08:44:39 PM »
I have fitted the one from Wunderlich. It does the job Ok.

Offline Freeride

• GS Junior Member
  • Town / City: Fraser Coast
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2020, 11:25:19 PM »
I have fitted a Radguard radiator guard to my 850 after seeing a stick penetrate a plastic guard on a ride with my mates. We ride a lot of fire trails and trees and sticks are the norm up here in Queensland. It was easy to fit but the side fairing has to come off to fit it , oh the bloke is in Coffs Harbour so it good to support our local businesses.
Cheers , Richo.