BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Puig Windseen for F750GS - Aaaarrrgh!!!  (Read 326 times)

Offline nojslokin

• GS Member
  • Bike: F750GS
  • Town / City: Pewsey
Puig Windseen for F750GS - Aaaarrrgh!!!
« on: November 26, 2020, 08:04:49 PM »
 :087: :087: :087: So, I finally received and duly installed the Puig screen. OMG, I think they should drop the 'U' from the name.....this is a PIG of a screen. Buffeting is an understatement....it felt like I was being bashed around the head with several rubber mallets! Completely unusable and I will be putting the original screen back on tomorrow. I would return it but there's a big red label in the box saying you can't return it after it's been fitted....understandable I guess, but I feel like I've been mis-sold - this screen is not fit for purpose. Anyway, enough of the rant. So now I need to be 100% confident in whatever I buy next. I keep hearing good things about the Madstad but I don't want to spend a lot of money, only to find it still sucks. Any good advice would be appreciated. Oh, and I'm in the UK and can't seem to find a supplier for Madstad - any ideas UK people?  :087: :087: :087:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 08:05:34 PM by nojslokin »

Offline SnoDrtRider

• GS Pro
  • Bike: F850GS
  • Town / City: South Jersey, USA
Re: Puig Windseen for F750GS - Aaaarrrgh!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2020, 08:52:19 PM »
Depending on your height and seat height and helmet you may need to install a barn door on the bike to prevent buffeting. What works for you may not work for someone else and visa versa.
I don't know where we are... but I have been lost here before...

Offline nojslokin

• GS Member
  • Bike: F750GS
  • Town / City: Pewsey
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 08:59:25 PM »
 :001:

Offline doebag

• GS Pro
  • Town / City: Norfolk Blood Biker
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 09:32:19 PM »
Every bike forum will have a 'what screen' thread a million pages long  :008:

The item is so subjective I doubt there is ever a one screen suits all answer

For me I bought a GIVI AF5127 for my 850. I'm 6'0'' [ 183cm] and it is as near perfect as I want, certainly better than the screen on my previous GTR1400 which was supposed to be a world class touring bike. On my 850 I get a small amount of wind noise [ I wear ear plugs] but no buffeting and can ride with my helmet visor up at all legal speeds if I want to.
'Dying a'int much of a living' Outlaw Josey Wales