BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Greetings from SE PA, USA  (Read 399 times)

Offline ohendo

• GS Junior Member
  • Bike: 2019 F850GS Red
  • Town / City: Downingtown, PA, USA
Greetings from SE PA, USA
« on: October 29, 2020, 06:47:03 PM »
Came home last Friday with my 2019 850GS with 270 miles on the clock.  Dealer said it was a "media" bike.
Some small scuffs on the right plastics, muffler, and bar end weight, but nothing I need to fix or care about.
Only mod so far was adding Barkbuster hand guards.  Trying to decide about luggage ATM.  I don't think I take enough trips to warrant expensive hard cases.

I rode (and still have it, plan to keep her!) a 2005 Yamaha FZ6.  Amazing bike, just can't part with it.  Trade in value was less that she's worth to me. 
Interestingly, I went to the dealer to possible upgrade to the 2020 Tracer GT. 850GS caught my eye...most of the guys I ride with have BMW's...one 10 minute test ride later and I was sold!

Thanks for having me, looking forward to sharing adventures/maintenance/stories.  The FZ6 forum helped me with so many things, I end up checking it every day.  Plan to do the same here!

Offline Oldplodder

• GS Pro
  • Bike: F850 GS Sport + bits
  • Town / City: Buckley
Re: Greetings from SE PA, USA
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 07:36:28 PM »
Hi and welcome to the forum from North Wales.

Nice stable of bikes you have. You might find the Yamaha FZ6 not getting as much use as you thought now you have the BMW.

Dave T
I wish I was as good as my dog thinks I am

Offline ohendo

• GS Junior Member
  • Bike: 2019 F850GS Red
  • Town / City: Downingtown, PA, USA
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 10:57:26 PM »
I imagine you will be correct!  The GS is so much fun to blast around on.  Love the sound out of the pipe!

Offline LaMorpionne

• GS Member
  • Bike: F 850 Gs, VFR 1200 F
  • Town / City: Oloron Sainte Marie
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2020, 04:13:14 PM »
Bonjour et bienvenu sur le forum  :400:

moi aussi j'adore son son !  :001:
ZIGZAG