BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Under rack storage bag?  (Read 1337 times)

Online Queestce

• GS Member
  • Bike: 19' F850GS
  • Town / City: NSW, AUS
Re: Under rack storage bag?
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2020, 10:57:50 AM »
Thanks. I've somewhat decided I don't want to baby this bike, as I have a habit of getting to OCD. I'll probably still fold and put some 3m down though  :008:

https://heldaustralia.com.au/shop/accessories/gs-tool-bag-2013.html

That looks very similar to the Touratech in terms of shape and size (1.5l), half the price though! Might give it a whirl. I do like your Givi side pods too though...

Online Queestce

• GS Member
  • Bike: 19' F850GS
  • Town / City: NSW, AUS
Re: Under rack storage bag?
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2020, 07:20:25 AM »
Figured I'd update this thread as I finally ordered one of the under rack bags. I went with the Held GS Tool Bag (part# 4436). It fits the 850 very well under the stock rack. I actually ended up mounting it backwards as it seemed a better fit for the shape, and it is now impossible to remove without taking off the seat. Means that no would-be-thieves will be able to get it out. I am using it as a place to store first aid equipment so in the case that I need it removing the seat to get to the bag is probably the least of my worries  :008:

Anyway, pics below for anyone considering fitting one. It's a good use of dead space.

Cheers,

Tk