BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: GPS use better less expensive garmin ZUMO XT with bmw mount  (Read 1164 times)

Offline Newguy

• GS Pro
  • Bike: 850 GS
  • Town / City: Bellingham
Re: GPS use better less expensive garmin ZUMO XT with bmw mount
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2020, 01:52:02 AM »
*Originally Posted by Dadzilla [+]
Hey Newguy - glad to hear you are on the mend!

I would expect the elevated mount would be even more appreciated / required when off road / standing on the pegs. Are you satisfied with your current mount? Who is the manufacturer?

Kinda torn between the Zumo XT and the Montana 700i as I do ride in some very remote areas in the interior British Columbia. (The satellite Inreach could be very well come in handy)
The mount position makes a big difference in my ability to divide my attention between road and nav system safely. SW-Motech makes the mount bracket, I ordered it direct from them.
You must be referring to the 750i because the 700I shows up as discontinued everywhere I looked. I think Garmin is getting ready to stop support on it or stop selling it.
I'm all for the XT myself, the 750 looks nice but my GPS needs are only for the bike. The XT provides a waterproof means of charging/powering  and operating the unit (via non-contact plate). Non-moto units need to be plugged in via external connectors that are not waterproof or even water resistant while in use.