If you have the BMW GPS mount on your ride and want to use the better & less expensive Garmin ZUMO XT
with that mount.
Here is how I did it.
1. remove the 4 bolts holding the GPS quick connect.
2. set the quick connect (wired part) out of the way
3. Take the main part with locking mechanism to your workbench & cut it into 3 pieces as shown left of & above mounting holes Ignore the long cut on the far left (that was plan A that didn't work out)
4. Now you can mount the ZUMO XT quick connect to the 4 hole piece from old mount. I reversed the black part that mounts to handlebars.
5. Wire the ZUMO XT to your battery
6. wire tie the BMW quick connect & wire out of the way.That is it.. It is very stable!
The tilt is adjustable - You can see it very well over a tank bag - It doesn't block the digital display