BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Changing the standard F850GS Sport Screen to F850GS Adventure Screen  (Read 2263 times)

Offline dcetkovic

• GS Junior Member
Re: Changing the standard F850GS Sport Screen to F850GS Adventure Scre
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2020, 10:07:00 PM »
I have installed F850gs adventure variable height screen bracket to my 850gs. There is a rattle sound from the hinges on the bracket when i go over bumps. The hinges can not be tightened because it is not a screw holding two parts together but some sort of secured bolt. The screen that I have installed is wrs caponord. Anyone with the same experience?

Offline Dingo

• GS Member
  • Bike: f850gs rallye
  • Town / City: Lyon
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2020, 11:24:57 AM »
I bought the Puig 3179w, and tested it this summer, being a hell of a lot cheaper and higher than the BMW I can highly recommend it! On highways it blocks excess buffeting, much more than the BMW, and when lowered it worked well off road, and for the stretches when you want some wind. Yes you need a screwdriver to adjust, but it takes 5 seconds, and the money saved could be spent on more worthwhile things like engine protection, hand guards etc. Everything sold by BMW is overpriced!

Offline B0M0A0K

• GS Pro
  • Bike: BMW F750GS 2020
  • Town / City: Dundee
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2020, 11:27:13 AM »
 :047: Hey, any chance of a photo of the screen in place please?
-----------------------------------------
No Fate But What We Make

------------------------------------------

Offline warneton

• GS Member
  • Bike: F750Gs
  • Town / City: Suburb Namur
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2020, 01:47:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dingo [+]
I bought the Puig 3179w, and tested it this summer, being a hell of a lot cheaper and higher than the BMW I can highly recommend it! On highways it blocks excess buffeting, much more than the BMW, and when lowered it worked well off road, and for the stretches when you want some wind. Yes you need a screwdriver to adjust, but it takes 5 seconds, and the money saved could be spent on more worthwhile things like engine protection, hand guards etc. Everything sold by BMW is overpriced!

Bonjour Dingo

Combien tu mesures?

Offline Subi_Matt

• GS Member
  • Bike: BMW F850GS 2019
  • Town / City: SUBIACO
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2020, 08:38:50 AM »
*Originally Posted by Dingo [+]

Hi Dingo - can you tell us how tall you are? I am 6 ft 1in (186cm) so looking for something suitable for me. The stock screen on my 850GS offers little protection over 80 km/hr.

Also if you have a pic of the Puig that would be really appreciated.

Offline Dingo

• GS Member
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2020, 08:57:03 AM »
Hola, I haven't got photos at moment, rest assured it looks good, fits well. I am 5ft 10, and as I said it works really well for me up to 110kmh, but at 130kmh I get a bit of buffeting, but nothing bad; so I think if your 6ft + it might not be great for higher speeds. As I said before I love the ability to lower it, so for me super happy to have option for enduro and when its hot. If you want full protection at 6ft I think you'd need a screen at least 1 inch taller or a spoiler might work. Hope this helps.

Offline Dingo

• GS Member
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2020, 09:13:49 AM »

Offline B0M0A0K

• GS Pro
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2020, 09:25:26 AM »
Thanks very much for posting this @Dingo, much appreciated.

I agree completely about the price difference between this and the Madstad (which was my preferred choice), but I had heard some complaints about buffeting with the Puig so had hesitated before taking the plunge.

No Fate But What We Make

Offline Dingo

• GS Member
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2020, 09:31:11 AM »
G-day Subi_Matt, I did read about another guy with 750 who had a problem with buffeting cos he's taller and he bush-mechaniced it by putting a few extra washers on the upper 2 screw mounts to give the screen a more aggressive rake/angle, cos it is quite streamlined. I was going to do this but I haven't had that problem but I reckon that would work a treat. It's not complicated and costs a few cents for washers rather than a crap load more for the taller screens. I was considering the MadStad but the import cost to France was a killer so it could be a better option for you, I might have bought that myself. So depending on shipping costs to Oz I'd go Mad unless it's $50+ over Givi, though the Mad doesn't lower like Givi, has a lever to adjust rake, so if you intend to do enduro (off-road) I'd go Givi. Happy trails mate!!

Offline B0M0A0K

• GS Pro
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2020, 09:35:27 AM »
While I like the reviews of the Madstad I really can't justify something that's three times the price of everything else right now  :003:

I saw a review of the Puig that complained about the fixings - what was your experience with these ? It was something to do with them being plastic?
No Fate But What We Make