BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Sat Nav Cradle  (Read 454 times)

Offline Darranna

• GS Member
  • Town / City: Essex
Sat Nav Cradle
« on: August 04, 2020, 11:18:10 PM »
Hi all,

My bike didnít come with the sat nav cradle (the locking one) any idea where I can get one at a reasonable price (UK)?

TIA

Offline BeaglesWelwyn

• GS Member
  • Bike: F850GS Sport
  • Town / City: Welwyn
Re: Sat Nav Cradle
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 07:26:28 AM »
I presume you must already have or are wishing to also purchase a BMW Navigator GPS or compatable Garmin Unit. I got my locking cradle retro-fitted by the dealer when I purchased the bike, so was able to negotiate on the complete deal. They also included key coding the lock to the bike ignition key. It might be worth a call to get a price from your dealer.

Offline Darranna

• GS Member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 07:54:16 AM »
*Originally Posted by BeaglesWelwyn [+]
I presume you must already have or are wishing to also purchase a BMW Navigator GPS or compatable Garmin Unit. I got my locking cradle retro-fitted by the dealer when I purchased the bike, so was able to negotiate on the complete deal. They also included key coding the lock to the bike ignition key. It might be worth a call to get a price from your dealer.

Hi thanks for the reply, Iím not sure about the Navigator yet, but I would buy a new one when thereís so many used ones about.

I just want the cradle, are dealers the only option and can you remember how much your was?

Offline SnoDrtRider

• GS Pro
  • Bike: F850GS
  • Town / City: South Jersey, USA
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 07:55:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by Darranna [+]
Hi thanks for the reply, Iím not sure about the Navigator yet, but I would buy a new one when thereís so many used ones about.

I just want the cradle, are dealers the only option and can you remember how much your was?

The cradle is specific to the Nav6 and I believe a Garmin Zumo 660 will fit also.
The factory cradle is designed to enable use of the wonderwheel to navigate the GPS when using the Nav6 any other GPS will not have that ability.
The Nav6 also integrates with the on board electronics and you can see the telemetry such as lean angle, gear shifts, brake use, etc. after your ride.

I don't know where we are... but I have been lost here before...

Offline Darranna

• GS Member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 09:18:07 PM »
Hi thanks for this but Iím not interested in the Navigation setup, as most of what that does I can do for free on the BMW app, I want the cradle to install a wireless phone mount. Iíve bought a wired one for now, until I find the appropriate cradle.