BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Rekluse Radius X  (Read 190 times)

Offline Zemago

• GS Junior Member
  • Town / City: Lisbon
Rekluse Radius X
« on: July 24, 2020, 12:07:38 PM »
So the other day I might have pushed my F850GSA a little bit too hard and ended up burning the disks on the clutch.

After some adjustment they work fine and I only feel them slip a very little bit when i open up the throttle really hard and fast.

Anyway I can get the disks replaced at my local dealer for around 400 euros but I've been thinking about other solutions and one that came to mind was installing a full Rekluse Auto Clutch.

I was wondering if anyone has one installed on their bike and what are your thoughts about it ...

Offline Tioli

• GS Pro
  • Bike: F750GS HP Special
  • Town / City: Tasmania
Re: Rekluse Radius X
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 02:30:26 AM »
Two things from my point of view.

If I did the same I would take the clutch out and expect to see why itís slipping. Glazing or something I would expect sanding on a flat surface may fix the problem.

I have a Rekluse on my trail bike and wouldnít want one with out it. Would I want one on a GS? Probably not I only seem to use mine at low speeds padding through some tricky part other than that itís not really noticeable.

There are other reasons to want a Rekluse on a GS Iím sure.
Hindsight is a terrible way to learn Iíd rather be gifted