BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !


Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Glitch?  (Read 301 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Newguy

  • GS Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 200
  • Bike: 850 GS
  • Town / City: Bellingham
  • Country: us
Glitch?
« on: July 22, 2020, 10:39:32 AM »
I discovered a wierd behavior with the throttle body. It has a mechanical stop but allows some movement past that point, when cruise control is active, rolling the throttle forward after it hits the mechanical stop for some reason cancels the CC.  :155:
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 10:44:33 AM by Newguy »

Offline lkyphl

  • GS Member
  • **
  • Posts: 14
  • Town / City: Melbourne
  • Country: au
Re: Glitch?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 12:52:26 PM »
Interesting suggestion ; how do you roll it past a mechanical stop ? Is it perhaps more a detent ?

Phil

Offline alin156

  • GS Junior Member
  • *
  • Posts: 7
  • Town / City: Bucharest
  • Country: ro
Re: Glitch?
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 01:30:18 PM »
It's made like that on purpouse, as a way of quickly deactivating the cruise control and going into engine brake in one single twist

Offline Newguy

  • GS Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 200
  • Bike: 850 GS
  • Town / City: Bellingham
  • Country: us
Re: Glitch?
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 02:11:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by alin156 [+]
It's made like that on purpouse, as a way of quickly deactivating the cruise control and going into engine brake in one single twist
:028:

Offline Newguy

  • GS Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 200
  • Bike: 850 GS
  • Town / City: Bellingham
  • Country: us
Re: Glitch?
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2020, 02:13:33 PM »
*Originally Posted by lkyphl [+]
Interesting suggestion ; how do you roll it past a mechanical stop ? Is it perhaps more a detent ?

Phil
I've never used it intentionally, my methods of canceling cc is usually tapping one of the brakes. So I stumbled upon this last night after wondering why the CC just dropped.
I've noticed the QS can trigger it even if you don't shift a gear.

Online SnoDrtRider

  • GS Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 404
  • Bike: F850GS
  • Town / City: South Jersey, USA
  • Country: us
Re: Glitch?
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2020, 03:30:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by Newguy [+]
I've never used it intentionally, my methods of canceling cc is usually tapping one of the brakes. So I stumbled upon this last night after wondering why the CC just dropped.
I've noticed the QS can trigger it even if you don't shift a gear.

All you need to do is put slight pressure on the QS and it activates as if you want to change gears...
I don't know where we are... but I have been lost here before...

Offline doebag

  • GS Member
  • **
  • Posts: 51
  • Town / City: Norfolk Blood Biker
  • Country: gb
Re: Glitch?
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2020, 03:54:14 PM »
*Originally Posted by Newguy [+]
I discovered a wierd behavior with the throttle body. It has a mechanical stop but allows some movement past that point, when cruise control is active, rolling the throttle forward after it hits the mechanical stop for some reason cancels the CC.  :155:
Definitely a 'read the manual' moment there.
'Dying a'int much of a living' Outlaw Josey Wales

Offline lkyphl

  • GS Member
  • **
  • Posts: 14
  • Town / City: Melbourne
  • Country: au
Re: Glitch?
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2020, 12:44:26 AM »
*Originally Posted by alin156 [+]
It's made like that on purpouse, as a way of quickly deactivating the cruise control and going into engine brake in one single twist

Learn something every day  :028:

Phil