BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: new models changes  (Read 1946 times)

Offline jequ

• GS Junior Member
  • Bike: F 850 GS
Re: new models changes
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2021, 03:59:24 PM »
Decided to bump this older post rather than creating a new one...

I read online from a finnish site that the 2021 850GS model has a new "more sporty Dynamic mode" (roughly translated)

lonerider-motorycle.com blog also states:
All three bikes get the Pro riding modes as optional equipment, just like the big boxer-engined GS models, meaning Dynamic mode has been reworked for crisper throttle response. The Pro Riding mode now features dynamic engine brake control and the ability to pre-assign up to four riding modes from the right handlebar control.
https://www.lonerider-motorcycle.com/blogs/loneriderblog/2021-bmw-f-850-gs-adventure-f-750-gs-whats-new

Does the 2021 models have extra additional buttons on the right/throttle side handlebar that the 2019 model as an example doesn't have?
Just wondering if some of these updates are available through software/firmware updates or do they require hardware changes.

Online Matty589

• GS Pro
  • Bike: 2019 F750GS
  • Town / City: Surrey
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2021, 04:46:39 PM »
Looks like it - I imagine using the existing mode button. It could be available as a TFT update but I’d be surprised if BMW offered it for free when they’re advertising it as a “new” feature.

Interestingly, and probably because so many people have bought them, the SatNav mount above TFT is apparently now a recognised end user part rather than being a slightly hidden, emergency services item. You do need the GSA (and now 850GS) adjustable screen mount, but it’s the most elegant solution if you do, with the added benefit that they’re now in stock (so next day delivery), rather than waiting 3-6 weeks for delivery from Germany. Stupidly expensive though - now about £105 in the UK!

However, I don’t really believe that the 2021 changes amount to much - LED indicators, Euro5, USB ports and a slight change to modes. Colours are marginally better on the 750 and the 40 years is OK. They could do with making the engine less rattly and noisy and the gearshift assist pro a bit smoother. And the crank case covers really need to be black like on the 900XR series - the silver paint seems to attract grime and I find them next to impossible to keep clean!

Offline TimeVampire

• GS Junior Member
  • Town / City: Victoria
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2021, 06:39:08 AM »
*Originally Posted by Matty589 [+]
Interestingly, and probably because so many people have bought them, the SatNav mount above TFT is apparently now a recognised end user part rather than being a slightly hidden, emergency services item.

Do you have the part no for this item? I've got the GSA screen on my 750 & am interested in this.

Online Matty589

• GS Pro
  • Bike: 2019 F750GS
  • Town / City: Surrey
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2021, 09:26:19 AM »
It should be 65908544610 - as mentioned, it only works with the GSA adjustable screen mount - which I’ve just bought and should integrate nicely.

Offline TimeVampire

• GS Junior Member
  • Town / City: Victoria
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2021, 10:44:27 AM »
Thanks for the part no.   I need to see if I can get one in Australia as the shipping cost from EU are  :232:

Offline jequ

• GS Junior Member
  • Bike: F 850 GS
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2021, 05:45:34 PM »
The adjustable holder comes as standard with the 2021 models. 
I just ordered it and the longer 390mm touring windscreen to replace my standard static holder and standard size windscreen.
https://www.bmw-motorrad-bohling.com/bmw-windscreen-touring-set-clear-f750gs-2017-2019-f850gs-2017-2019-f850gs-adventure-2018-2019.html

I've had no problem with the wind hitting my helmet, but all the insects slamming into my Schuberth C3 visor got annoying really fast.
Managed to scratch the visor while cleaning it every 15 minutes (we have lots of mosquitoes in finland).
Hopefully the taller windscreen and its height adjustability fixes these issues.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 05:47:20 PM by jequ »