BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Madstad Supply Modified Side Deflectors for LED indicators  (Read 311 times)

Offline BeaglesWelwyn

• GS Member
  • Bike: F850GS Sport
  • Town / City: Welwyn
Madstad Supply Modified Side Deflectors for LED indicators
« on: June 30, 2020, 07:45:27 PM »
I have had numerous discussions with BikeHPS, the UK distributor for Madstad, on the subject of the suitability of their Side Deflectors/Winglets on bikes equipped with European LED indicators. As seen in many previous posts on this forum, the existing design was not suitable with no clearance around the LED lens to allow the defector to sit at the bracket design angle of 67 degrees. Following an exchange of measurements and drawings, and great assistance from Mathew at BikeHPS, Madstad agreed to manufacture & supply a "modified" set with increased slotted clearance.

Having received the revised units I can confirm that they now fit perfectly.

Offline markcat7

• GS Junior Member
  • Town / City: York
Re: Madstad Supply Modified Side Deflectors for LED indicators
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 01:48:34 PM »
Hi
I recently installed the madstad adjuster and winglets and as you say, they are not a brilliant fit.  Just wondered if there was any noticeable improvement in buffeting with the new brackets?
Thanks
Mark

Offline BeaglesWelwyn

• GS Member
  • Bike: F850GS Sport
  • Town / City: Welwyn
Re: Madstad Supply Modified Side Deflectors for LED indicators
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 11:03:37 AM »
*Originally Posted by markcat7 [+]
Hi
I recently installed the madstad adjuster and winglets and as you say, they are not a brilliant fit.  Just wondered if there was any noticeable improvement in buffeting with the new brackets?
Thanks
Mark

Not had chance to check the revised winglets out yet. The brackets are the same as original, they just increased the slotted clearance of the "perspex" by a couple of mm. Since fitting the 20 ins Madstad Screen and Adjustable mount only I have to say that I have not expeirenced any buffeting. I can now ride visor up and listen to music at normal urban speeds. A massive improvement on the original stock BMW screen.