BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Share your mileage ?  (Read 510 times)

Offline Dazi

• GS Member
  • Town / City: ANK
Share your mileage ?
« on: June 14, 2020, 01:07:49 PM »
Hello,
I am interested to see what kind of mileage forum members have on their F850s.
Please share pictures and thoughts  ?

I purchased this bike in March 2019 . Total Odo. reading : 7615 kms / 1Year 3Months since purchase.
My issues / thoughts:

-Slight oil leak from main gasket at around 5000 kms - Dealer replaced it , no more leaks.
-Quick Shifter is unpredictable, especially when upshifting from 1st to 2nd gear, even above +5000 rpm. Shifting down at any gear is fine.
-Maintenance is too expensive for a flat twin chain driven motorcycle.
-Stock Navigator mount makes Nav6 useless. It has to be removed from the handlebar.

+Bike performs nicely, everything in perfect condition after +7500kms - I am very happy with it.
+Very comfortable everyday bike for touring / commuting once you add a larger windscreen.
+Stock tires are performing nicely on asphalt, i think i will go with anakees again if they need to be replaced.
+This is a very quick motorcycle and i like looking at it.
+BMW made accessories are perfect fit and finish for the bike but they are expensive :159:

Dazi

« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 01:17:11 PM by Dazi »

Offline SnoDrtRider

• GS Pro
  • Bike: F850GS
  • Town / City: South Jersey, USA
Re: Share your mileage ?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 09:41:07 PM »
We must have bought our bikes at the same time my wife and I picked up our bikes at the end of March last year so I am saying April and 1year 3months as well.

8,884 miles on them as of today... That is 14,297  Kilometers by my math?

Both bikes have been pretty much flawless... I have a set of Anakee Adventures in stock ready to install and I will be doing oil changes on both bikes this week.

Nav 6 relocated and larger WRS screen which is about the same size as the BMW Touring screen for 1/2 the price. This pic was with the old windscreen...

« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 09:42:31 PM by SnoDrtRider »
I don't know where we are... but I have been lost here before...

Offline Dazi

• GS Member
  • Town / City: ANK
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 12:43:53 PM »
Hello SnoDrtRider,
You must have nice weather all year where you live, i'm glad you and your wife get to ride that often,
How are the chains/sprockets doing on your bikes after almost 9000 miles did you make any adjustments on them ?

Offline SnoDrtRider

• GS Pro
  • Bike: F850GS
  • Town / City: South Jersey, USA
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 01:53:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dazi [+]
Hello SnoDrtRider,
You must have nice weather all year where you live, i'm glad you and your wife get to ride that often,
How are the chains/sprockets doing on your bikes after almost 9000 miles did you make any adjustments on them ?

Several adjustments so far of the chain on my bike maybe once on my wife's. I attribute that to the fact that I ride a bit more aggressive than her and when we do travel I am the one with the luggage/weight. No sign of the sprocket teeth hooking as yet. I do keep the chains lubed with BelRay Super Clean applying it about every 500 miles or so.
I don't know where we are... but I have been lost here before...

Offline warneton

• GS Member
  • Bike: F750Gs
  • Town / City: Suburb Namur
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2020, 06:03:47 PM »
11000km in 10 months.  No problems.  Happier with my 750 gs than with my 1200gs.  4,2 liters/100km.  Anakees still useful.  Hope to get 15000km with them.

Offline WHS

• GS Member
  • Bike: 2019 BMW F850GSA
  • Town / City: Waitsburg
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 08:20:23 PM »
Bought new in March this year and just turned 6000 miles (9656 km).   But its been a tough year... Had to cancel one trip due to coronavirus concerns at work and now with all the smoke from the wildfires
on the west coast, I just cancelled another trip.