BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: low seat recommendation  (Read 1137 times)

Offline dirtspin

• GS Member
  • Bike: F850 GSA Rallye
  • Town / City: Wollongong NSW
Re: low seat recommendation
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2020, 11:12:27 AM »
Great review thanks.

Offline dirtspin

• GS Member
  • Bike: F850 GSA Rallye
  • Town / City: Wollongong NSW
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2020, 11:23:49 AM »
*Originally Posted by dirtspin [+]
Wasn't cheap but overall happy so far.

Been a couple of short rides and can say there is a few positives on this Wunderlich seat.
So far have found it comfortable on an 2 hour ride, a few longer rides are planned so will report back again.
Pillion area slightly larger & more cushioned for greater comfort.
The lower seating position lets me now easily flat-foot, whilst moving the bike around, backing up & U-turns etc have greatly increased confidence. Slow speeds with occasional foot down on rough terrain seem so much easier and more enjoyable.
Seating position is more locked-in, no sliding back & forth. Closer to tank so feel more in control of bike.
Wind noise reduced as I am now lower behind my Wunderlich Marathon screen.
Black seat suits bike much better than the original grey colour.
Shape of seat looks great - sporty.
Quality of materials and the stitching workmanship excellent, wipes clean easily.

Will update after a few weeks.

Away a full days' ride yesterday, on the saddle for at least two hours each time before a break.
Fairly well locked-in to the seating position, way forward against the tank but no complaints of soreness.
Only stopped to explore a location or for refreshments, not stopping due to sore butt.
Will mention again that the increase in confidence due to lower position is a great bonus with this seat, I am not short ,178cm (5'10" in the old measurement) but to flat-foot the deck in most situations now is reassuring.
I recommend this seat.

Offline Darranna

• GS Member
  • Town / City: Essex
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2020, 03:08:43 PM »
As mentioned by a few others, be careful changing seat heights as it effects more than just your ability to reach the ground. I recently purchased my 850 Sport and the dealer included both a standard and lowered seat. For me the standard height seat is more comfortable on the bike, EG: my reach to the bars is better as is the leg bend, it just feels more natural. I had my lowered seat on for a 170 mile ride yesterday and although it gives more confidence When stopping or riding slowly, but the leg bend is more acutely and the reach to the bars is more exaggerated.