BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: low seat recommendation  (Read 778 times)

Online abdullah

• GS Member
  • Bike: F750GS, G310R
  • Town / City: Khalidya
low seat recommendation
« on: June 12, 2020, 01:03:16 PM »
Dears members

i would like to purchase lower seat for my F750GS i have chose between two, first surgent seat and second is wounderlich seat so any one can recommend seat ?
is there any other recommendation from other brands with top quality product

i always use my bike for long distance riding daily and my shord ride around 2 hours none stop and i am 110kg person with short inseam with statdard suspention

also i have some prefrence for surgent because they have heating optopn but they are little bit higher that wunderlich and oem seat in low version

best regards

Offline KSD

• GS Pro
  • Bike: F850GS
  • Town / City: Toruń
Re: low seat recommendation
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 10:59:38 PM »
It would be best if you could sit down in these places before making a purchase. Sargent seems more convenient, but in practice it may be different. I had the opportunity to see the Wunderlich seat and it is made very well.

Offline dirtspin

• GS Junior Member
  • Bike: F850 GSA Rallye
  • Town / City: Wollongong NSW
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 12:42:04 PM »
I ordered the Wunderlich 'Active Comfort Low' seat (-25mm) today for my F850GSA Rallye.
Looks like it is manufactured from good quality materials and the contours should help comfort.
Should arrive in a couple of days - will write a review after a few rides.

Online abdullah

• GS Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 04:06:37 PM »
*Originally Posted by KSD [+]
It would be best if you could sit down in these places before making a purchase. Sargent seems more convenient, but in practice it may be different. I had the opportunity to see the Wunderlich seat and it is made very well.

thanks for your comments unfurtunetly in my county wunderlich dealer doesn't have them in stock and for saurgent seats we don't have any shop selling them but today my bmw lower seat just arrive to be replacement for standard seat as part of deal between be and bmw motorrad kuwait i heard alot of storey that they are hard for long ride and i just try it today for 40min ride with very hot summer around 49c tempreture i feel very comforable in compare with standard seat

i will give my lowered seat time for testing and then see if its worth to move to wounderlich

best regards

Online abdullah

• GS Member
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 04:12:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by dirtspin [+]
I ordered the Wunderlich 'Active Comfort Low' seat (-25mm) today for my F850GSA Rallye.
Looks like it is manufactured from good quality materials and the contours should help comfort.

thanks dirspin congratulation for your seat and wating your openion of the seat i think wunderlich will be the best seat if they offer heater optional for there seat because we in middle east specially kuwait summer tempreture between 42c to 53c in summer and in winter between -2c and 6c witch make choose wunderlich for its design and material and funtionality specially our weather most of it hot and just 3 month extreme cold witch make wunderlich more functional to my case.

best regards

Offline Matty589

• GS Pro
  • Bike: 2019 F750GS
  • Town / City: Surrey
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 05:57:34 PM »
Low seats arenít always uncomfortable- it depends. However I donít think the BMW standard seat is that comfortable - it had me wanting to stop after about 45 minutes. The comfort seat is a bit better but then is 25mm taller. If the seat is flat and well-profiled it should do OK. My problem with other seats like Wunderlich and Sargent is that in aiming for the touring market they make them wider than OEM, so you lose any reduction in seat height due to greater width at the front.

Offline Si_Burnout

• GS Member
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2020, 09:42:13 PM »
I have just received my regular sargent seat. It's really thick so I think the low seat will be comfy as well. The quality is excellent and they keep you informed.

Offline Wally

• GS Junior Member
  • Town / City: Edmonton
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2020, 08:25:18 AM »
I just received my Sargent low seat for 850GSA and first ride was 1000km day yesterday from Edmonton Alberta to 100km short of whistler BC.  No complaints on comfort really but maybe thatís because the ride through mountains was so much fun I didnít notice discomfort.  If I had one complaint it has nothing really to do with Sargent seat but more with the fact being lower makes your leg position more uncomfortable than with the stock ralley seat.  I find the stock ralley seat very comfortable because you can move around easily by sliding back and forth and also your legs are stretched out more so knees donít get sore.  Only problem is being 5í8Ē it sucks in city stop and go and off road at slow speed

Offline dirtspin

• GS Junior Member
  • Bike: F850 GSA Rallye
  • Town / City: Wollongong NSW
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2020, 12:09:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by dirtspin [+]

Wasn't cheap but overall happy so far.

Been a couple of short rides and can say there is a few positives on this Wunderlich seat.
So far have found it comfortable on an 2 hour ride, a few longer rides are planned so will report back again.
Pillion area slightly larger & more cushioned for greater comfort.
The lower seating position lets me now easily flat-foot, whilst moving the bike around, backing up & U-turns etc have greatly increased confidence. Slow speeds with occasional foot down on rough terrain seem so much easier and more enjoyable.
Seating position is more locked-in, no sliding back & forth. Closer to tank so feel more in control of bike.
Wind noise reduced as I am now lower behind my Wunderlich Marathon screen.
Black seat suits bike much better than the original grey colour.
Shape of seat looks great - sporty.
Quality of materials and the stitching workmanship excellent, wipes clean easily.

Will update after a few weeks.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 12:28:00 PM by dirtspin »

Offline Bubba

• GS Junior Member
  • Town / City: Canonsburg
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2020, 03:53:55 AM »
I replaced my F750GS seat with a Sargent Plus Low Seat because @ 5'7" and 29" inseam the bike is tall for me & top heavy when stopping plus my bags add 50lbs.

The low version Sargent was $425, but only lowers it from 32.1" to 31.5", the seat is very comfortable, great quality, though I really can feel I'm stretched out more to the bars and sit in the seat much more than sitting on the OEM and feel more pressure on the wrists/hands with the Sargent. I actually like the seating position of the OEM seat better when riding, but the comfort of the Sargent is really nice even the low version and I like having a little shorter distance to the ground when stopping.

Some say aftermarket seats are wider than the OEM I haven't noticed that and comparing the 2 seats it is actually narrower than the original up front where I sit.