BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Suspension modification  (Read 636 times)

Online abdullah

• GS Junior Member
  • Bike: F750GS, G310R
  • Town / City: Khalidya
Suspension modification
« on: June 04, 2020, 05:30:37 PM »
Hello

i would like to ask for recommendation regarding suspension lowering i just purchase BMW F750GS premium version thats came with standard seat and DESA

currently i can hold bike in stand with one leg and i don't feel comfortable

i am 5.2" hight with 28" inseam and wight 110 KG and just upgrade my bike from BMW G310R with lowered seat were i found its comfortable with flat footed

i already order lower seat but i think its not enough so i found some solution such as replace my suspension spring and fronk fork springs and i found one company called hyperpro i have contact them and they recommend an custom made spring and i am looking for athor choise and recommendation

hyperpro kit will be compatible with DESA and no need to replace full suspention so is there any alternative or recommendation

best regards

Offline talh

• GS Member
  • Bike: F750GS
  • Town / City: San Jose, CA
Re: Suspension modification
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 04:36:19 AM »
Sorry for the obvious question - but why not get a lowered version f750GS?

Offline Newguy

• GS Pro
  • Bike: 850 GS
  • Town / City: Bellingham
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2020, 10:21:55 AM »
*Originally Posted by abdullah [+]
Hello

i would like to ask for recommendation regarding suspension lowering i just purchase BMW F750GS premium version thats came with standard seat and DESA

currently i can hold bike in stand with one leg and i don't feel comfortable

i am 5.2" hight with 28" inseam and wight 110 KG and just upgrade my bike from BMW G310R with lowered seat were i found its comfortable with flat footed

i already order lower seat but i think its not enough so i found some solution such as replace my suspension spring and fronk fork springs and i found one company called hyperpro i have contact them and they recommend an custom made spring and i am looking for athor choise and recommendation

hyperpro kit will be compatible with DESA and no need to replace full suspention so is there any alternative or recommendation

best regards
Your choices for stuff that is ESA compatible and will permit any level of modification is slim to none.

The only easy choice is swapping it for a manual suspension, which I do have.

There is also W-ESA by wilburs, that can be tuned somewhat to your needs. I've already done some looking for suspension alternatives and didn't find much, i'm usually pretty good at finding answers to stuff. I had a similar problem with my k16.
Ted Porter based in Cali, runs the Beemer Shop. He's a good guy to talk about suspension related stuff.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 10:23:42 AM by Newguy »

Offline Newguy

• GS Pro
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2020, 10:37:09 AM »
*Originally Posted by talh [+]
:0461:

Online abdullah

• GS Junior Member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2020, 11:16:43 AM »
*Originally Posted by talh [+]

lower version will remove enduro mode and remove electronice suspention ajustments

Online abdullah

• GS Junior Member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2020, 11:21:26 AM »
*Originally Posted by Newguy [+]
Your choices for stuff that is ESA compatible and will permit any level of modification is slim to none.

The only easy choice is swapping it for a manual suspension, which I do have.

There is also W-ESA by wilburs, that can be tuned somewhat to your needs. I've already done some looking for suspension alternatives and didn't find much, i'm usually pretty good at finding answers to stuff. I had a similar problem with my k16.
Ted Porter based in Cali, runs the Beemer Shop. He's a good guy to talk about suspension related stuff.

Thanks newgug i already contact hyperpro they inform me that they can do custom rear spring and thanks regarding wielber they have interested product iam currently looking on them

best regards

Offline Newguy

• GS Pro
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2020, 11:24:14 AM »
*Originally Posted by abdullah [+]
lower version will remove enduro mode and remove electronice suspention ajustments

I have a lowered GS, I still have enduro and enduro pro modes. Just wanted to clarify that.

Offline talh

• GS Member
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2020, 04:11:57 PM »
Yep, I have a lowered GS and Enduro mode is still there. No ESA, but that's a trifle.

Online SnoDrtRider

• GS Pro
  • Bike: F850GS
  • Town / City: South Jersey, USA
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2020, 04:48:49 PM »
Enduro mode is more about shutting down the Traction Control and ABS than the suspension adjustments... If you get a good adjustable rear shock you can do the same as the ESA does.
I don't know where we are... but I have been lost here before...

Offline talh

• GS Member
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2020, 05:03:48 PM »
I thought so too, and nearly crashed because the ABS wouldn't let me stop in Enduro mode. It didn't shut off ABS for me.