BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Even more satnav: navigator VI two cables.  (Read 340 times)

Offline Magnum

• GS Junior Member
  • Town / City: Hasselt
Even more satnav: navigator VI two cables.
« on: May 27, 2020, 03:58:14 PM »
Hi,

Bought the 4-button cradle for navigator 6 and one connector is power supply, but the second one I have absolutely no idea. The original cradle only has te one cable.  Everything seems to work, but still would like to know what the second plug (the one on the right in the picture) is for. Anyone?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 03:59:23 PM by Magnum »

Online SnoDrtRider

• GS Pro
  • Bike: F850GS
  • Town / City: South Jersey, USA
Re: Even more satnav: navigator VI two cables.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 01:54:00 PM »
Why the 4 button cradle? The bike is capable of interacting with the Nav using the handlebar controls using the regular cradle.
I don't know where we are... but I have been lost here before...

Offline Newguy

• GS Pro
  • Bike: 850 GS
  • Town / City: Bellingham
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 02:23:50 PM »
The somewhat overrated wonder wheel integration is not that good in terms of actual functionality. You can't navigate everything and still have to use touch screen for many functions. It's nice but hardly worth the cost of paying for the BMW name on it.

Offline Magnum

• GS Junior Member
  • Town / City: Hasselt
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 02:31:38 PM »
Exactly what I thought, Newguy.  Also, the standard cradle does not fit in the Touratech lockable holder.   Which at least makes it theft proof, unlike the BMW sorry excuse for a lock.

Offline Newguy

• GS Pro
  • Bike: 850 GS
  • Town / City: Bellingham
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 06:40:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by Magnum [+]
Exactly what I thought, Newguy.  Also, the standard cradle does not fit in the Touratech lockable holder.   Which at least makes it theft proof, unlike the BMW sorry excuse for a lock.
I'm looking very intently at the new Garmin Zumo XT (new for 2020) unit that is about 400 bucks, i'm thinking i'd happily swap out my existing mount to enable that if it means not paying 900 bucks for a BMW branded GPS that was released in 2017.

Offline Gazza750

• GS Pro
  • Bike: F850GS Adventure
  • Town / City: Yorkshire
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2020, 08:52:38 AM »
What do the 4 buttons do? I'm guessing they're shortcut buttons, like Home, Zoom etc??