BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Dynamic ESA - First thoughts..  (Read 12430 times)

Offline woodsguy

• GS Member
  • Bike: 850GS
  • Town / City: Huntsville, Tx
Re: Dynamic ESA - First thoughts..
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2020, 09:34:17 PM »
Thank you for reaching out to us for your suspension needs! We have brought a F850GS into the shop and tore the suspension down and put it through our R&D process, due to the limitations of the front fork design we do not offer a traditional revalve, respring service for the new 43mm Showa forks. At this time we only offer complete cartridge replacement kits, from manufactures such as Andreani and Touratech.

Currently the entry level option would be to utilize the Andreani Misano. These cartridge kits come equipped with a sophisticated hydraulic damper, 20mm big port pistons and expanded oil passages, you can be certain of exceptional performance and tunability in both cornering and braking. These units run $595.00 plus springs, seals, fluid and installation which would bring you in at just around $910.00 plus return shipping to your door.

The second option is to utilize a set of the Touratech by Tractive cartridge conversion. This kit replaces the damping side right fork cartridge entirely with a closed cartridge damper, replaces the left side fork cap so the caps match. These are an excellent upgrade with superior quality of material and performance. This unit runs $1095.00 and includes the springs, seals, fluid and installation would bring you in just at $1430.00 plus return shipping to your door.

Most of our clients so far have chosen to match the Touratech cartridge conversion with a Plug & Travel Dynamic rear shock from Touratech, this is a simple bolt on ESA compatible unit that retails for $2495.00. This unit also features the Progressive Damping System (PDS) as well features manual adjusters for fine tuning of the preset options through the ESA option.

With any of these units we can have them in hand in about a week or so and can schedule an appointment shortly thereafter. Let me know of any questions you have?

We look forward to working with you.'

From a local respected tuner, FYI.

2019 BMW GS 850, 2020 Sherco FSE 250

Offline SnoDrtRider

• GS Master
  • Bike: F850GS
  • Town / City: South Jersey, USA
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2020, 12:59:13 AM »
So these guys advertise that springs are included with the cartridges...
Sounds like your "Local Respected Tuner" is double Dripping?

http://www.fastbikeindustries.com/andreani-group-usa-1.html
I don't know where we are... but I have been lost here before...

Offline woodsguy

• GS Member
  • Bike: 850GS
  • Town / City: Huntsville, Tx
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2020, 11:20:00 AM »
*Originally Posted by SnoDrtRider [+]
So these guys advertise that springs are included with the cartridges...
Sounds like your "Local Respected Tuner" is double Dripping?

http://www.fastbikeindustries.com/andreani-group-usa-1.html
1st-hope he isn't double DRIPPING, lol and 2nd I wasn't promoting him, just showing what his suggestions were, which are the same as has been mentioned here. I truly doubt he's actually done very many of these but who knows. And I'm sure not spending 2500 for rear shock.
2019 BMW GS 850, 2020 Sherco FSE 250