BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Buffeting (helmets and Windscreen advice needed)  (Read 3070 times)

Offline Buck

• GS Member
  • Bike: F850GSA
  • Town / City: Oilsjt
Re: Buffeting (helmets and Windscreen advice needed)
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2020, 09:16:37 AM »
I use a Puig screen (3831h) and away is the buffeting on my head. At least in the top position. When lowered it keeps the sporty look, ideal for slower speeds, up to 90km/h.
Safe kilometers (miles) to everyone

Offline Newguy

• GS Pro
  • Bike: 850 GS
  • Town / City: Bellingham
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2020, 09:36:12 AM »
Schuberth c3 eliminates many complaints that riders have about wind exposure. I bought my second one recently.
It has substantially better visibility than the ADV styled helmet I had before, C3 is just superior to most helmets in every condition save really warm conditions.

I'm going to point out the obvious, GS's are pretty much naked bikes so complaining about wind exposure is as pointless as stepping outside when it rains and complaining about being rained on. Either buy a touring bike or buy a naked bike and suck it up buttercup..  :008:
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 09:38:41 AM by Newguy »

Online Wyn

• GS Member
  • Bike: 2020 F 750 GS
  • Town / City: Ocala
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2020, 11:01:53 AM »
MadStad, worth every penny.

Offline ab8mi

• GS Pro
  • Bike: 850 GS
  • Town / City: Boerne, TX
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2020, 06:02:44 PM »
I have the MRA touring screen with the adjustable spoiler at the top. It works great for me and my height, 5'10" and has eliminated the buffeting I was getting.
Racing Red BMW 850 GS

Offline Matty589

• GS Pro
  • Bike: 2019 F750GS
  • Town / City: Surrey
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2020, 09:26:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by Newguy [+]
Schuberth c3 eliminates many complaints that riders have about wind exposure. I bought my second one recently.
It has substantially better visibility than the ADV styled helmet I had before, C3 is just superior to most helmets in every condition save really warm conditions.

I'm going to point out the obvious, GS's are pretty much naked bikes so complaining about wind exposure is as pointless as stepping outside when it rains and complaining about being rained on. Either buy a touring bike or buy a naked bike and suck it up buttercup..  :008:

Itís not wind exposure, itís uncomfortable buffeting from noisy turbulence, even on a totally calm day. The 850GSA I had didnít seem to suffer from this. Perhaps itís the bodywork rather than the screen that causes it. Iíve just fitted a Madstad 22Ē barn door screen to the Madstad bracket; hopefully that will help as with the MRA screen, ducking down about 3-4Ē almost totally removed the turbulence.