BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Clutch lever replacement  (Read 1843 times)

Offline Newguy

• GS Pro
  • Bike: 850 GS
  • Town / City: Bellingham
Re: Clutch lever replacement
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2020, 02:00:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by DimSum07 [+]
I put the BMW HP levers on the bike

They are very nice....but I'm not sure they are worth what BMW charges.  I got them for a steal.

Looks nice, i'm not sure it would be worthwhile for me to do it since what I have works but it is good to know that option is there.

BTW Get some real handguards, those plastic frames won't save you or your bike. :P

Online DimSum07

• GS Member
  • Bike: BMW F850GSA
  • Town / City: Annandale, VA
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2020, 11:23:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by Newguy [+]
Looks nice, i'm not sure it would be worthwhile for me to do it since what I have works but it is good to know that option is there.

BTW Get some real handguards, those plastic frames won't save you or your bike. :P

I'm a noob.  I got those levers cheap....I would not pay full price for them.  They feel cool and look cool, but not worth what BMW charges in my opinion.  The OEM levers are pretty nice.

As for your real reason for posting, I just got the BarkBuster system for the bike.  They just recently came out with a special model for the Adventure version of the bike as the regular 850GS version would hit the tank.  Twisted Throttle delivered them yesterday!
-Steve
2019 F850GSA Rallye

Offline D1rtG1rl1stanbul

• GS Member
  • Town / City: Istanbul
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2020, 11:17:50 AM »
I'm a noob.  I got those levers cheap....I would not pay full price for them.  They feel cool and look cool, but not worth what BMW charges in my opinion.  The OEM levers are pretty nice.

As for your real reason for posting, I just got the BarkBuster system for the bike.  They just recently came out with a special model for the Adventure version of the bike as the regular 850GS version would hit the tank.  Twisted Throttle delivered them yesterday!

Same here. Expecting my Barkbusters any day now... unfortunately not before I snapped the clutch lever. for the second time. Had it welded the first time and it was doing nicely, but decided this time to get a Puig. Looking at other options, too. TOuratech came highly recommended, too. So expensive, though...

Offline D1rtG1rl1stanbul

• GS Member
  • Town / City: Istanbul
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2020, 12:17:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by LaMorpionne [+]
le lien ne fonctionne plus, sur Ebay il y a ceux là , 77 euros ou 70 livres:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RACINGBIKE-Levier-Embrayage-BMW-F850-GS-2019-Bleu-LV9783A/274540969549?hash=item3febeabe4d:g:yDwAAOSwFRxefqlj

J'ai commandé ceux ci sur Aliexpress, 22 euros
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/4000439173388.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.3fc56c37tzeJdx

Plus qu'à espérer que ça se monte facilement et que celà soit solide

Thank you for this! I asked around in my group. One of my friends with Africa Twin has been very happy with this brand clutch lever.

("kopart" in Turkish means to come off or detach... which is what happened to my clutch lever when I dropped my bike again yesterday...  :018:)

Offline Newguy

• GS Pro
  • Bike: 850 GS
  • Town / City: Bellingham
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2020, 10:19:59 PM »

It hits the tank a little on the 850GS too that is why I chose to get a bar riser. The end result was it clears the tank easily and changes my riding stance too, I'm more upright than before.

Offline david_r_adv

• GS Member
  • Bike: 2020 F850GS
  • Town / City: Lake Worth, FL
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2020, 07:58:50 PM »
Any tips for getting enough slack in the clutch cable to get the new lever on? Struggling with this issue now

Offline tomcat

• GS Pro
  • Bike: F850GS Sport.
  • Town / City: Gisburn
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2020, 09:20:01 PM »
You have to release the other end of the cable from the actuator. This will present the slack you require at the lever.
If it aint broke, keep fixing it until it is!

Offline Nicolas Epelly

• GS Member
  • Bike: F750GS
  • Town / City: LES LILAS
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2020, 04:35:27 PM »
Salut
j'espere que tu vas bien.
as tu reçu tes leviers ?
si oui est ce qu'ils sont oK? je viens de casser celui du frein en laissant tomber la moto à l'arrêt.
merci Alokin/Nicolas
Alokin

Offline Nicolas Epelly

• GS Member
  • Bike: F750GS
  • Town / City: LES LILAS
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2020, 04:38:17 PM »
Bonjour
est ce que tu as reçu tes leviers ?
si oui est ce qu'ils sont ok?
je viens de casser mon levier de frein bêtement à l'arrêt.

merci pour ton retour
Alokin