Author Topic: Tioli mods  (Read 43855 times)

• Offline Tioli   au

• GS Pro  ‐    436

Offline Tioli

• GS Pro
    • Bike: F750GS HP Special
    • Town / City: Tasmania
    Re: Tioli mods
    Reply #230 on: Nov 27, 2021, 11.24 am
    Nov 27, 2021, 11.24 am
    All my mods seem to be working as intended so Iím down to the last niggly things and one of them is the foot brake. If I have a choice I like to use the rear brake by just moving my toes to the left and press.  Lifting my foot seems to be a slight inconvenience. I had already had a look at the rear brake set up but came to the conclusion that it would take some mucking around to adjust so left it.  I donít tend to stand much when on dirt roads as I donít see the need. I rarely stand on a trail bike and that just seems to carry across. Lowering the brake is not going to work well with standing but as I donít tend to may as well set the bike up for the majority of riding and recently the solution came to me so I fixed the problem.

Dug out a block of aluminium 1cm thick then drilled and tapped a 6mm hole in one corner.

Took the heal cover off the master cylinder. Notice how you can press the brake down further and the master cylinder can move up.

Thatís the spot where the block goes. The plate is there to activate the micro switch for the brake light and act as a stop  but I wouldnít need to be that big or have the hole in it if thatís all it needed to do. So it has another purpose and what Iím doing may be it.

The block goes on like this

Normal height with out the block

With the block

Hindsight is a terrible way to learn Iíd rather be gifted

• Offline Tioli   au

• GS Pro  ‐    436

Offline Tioli

• GS Pro
    Reply #231 on: Nov 27, 2021, 11.41 am
    Nov 27, 2021, 11.41 am
    The next thing is to readjust the master cylinder as lowering the foot brake will lift the master cylinder up and the bolts wonít align.

Undo the adjuster nut and turn it in to lower the cylinder

When it comes down enough by screwing it in the cylinder will realign the bolt holes

Then lock it off in the new position

I used a straight edge to check whatís going to happen if I leant the bike over enough to scrape the foot pegs and itís reasonable

I have had it out on a few rides now an the first time it was noticeably different but after that the issue I used to have disappeared. If I were to do it again possibly a 7mm thick block would still work but itís working so I will just leave it

• Offline Tioli   au

• GS Pro  ‐    436

Offline Tioli

• GS Pro
    Reply #232 on: Dec 17, 2021, 10.00 am
    Dec 17, 2021, 10.00 am
    Longer rides now and the impression is the brakes are balanced. I donít feel my foot it just does what needs to happen. I think I will consciously brake hard to see what happens not that I expect much with my boots I can only press so hard with out putting effort in to it

better