BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: 850GSA Sat Nav Bracket  (Read 2304 times)

Online Gazza750

• GS Pro
  • Bike: F850GS Adventure
  • Town / City: Yorkshire
Re: 850GSA Sat Nav Bracket
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2020, 10:08:34 PM »
*Originally Posted by SteveF850gs [+]
This Givi solution looks good, i have 2 questions:

1, does the standard wiring for the Nav6 need any modifications/lengthening to reach the new location?
2, how does the Nav6 mount to the Givi bar?

Thanks

Steve

Instructions as per ornholt2804.

Took me around 30 mins, was fairly straightforward for a non mechanic like me (although I dropped a washer behind the headlight unit but thankfully had spares). The wiring is plenty long enough. I had to pull the plastic cable tie lug out of the chassis frame located lower down under the handlebars and speedometer. That was a bit fiddly but otherwise an easy and worthwhile conversion! Good luck!

Offline SteveF850gs

• GS Member
  • Town / City: London
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2020, 08:24:28 AM »
Thanks guys, sounds great!

Offline SteveF850gs

• GS Member
  • Town / City: London
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2020, 10:07:04 PM »
I went to order and see the bracket part number  is different for a GS and a GSA

Has anyone fitted this Givi bracket  to a GS850?

Thanks

Steve

Offline SnoDrtRider

• GS Pro
  • Bike: F850GS
  • Town / City: South Jersey, USA
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2020, 10:42:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by SteveF850gs [+]
I went to order and see the bracket part number  is different for a GS and a GSA

Has anyone fitted this Givi bracket  to a GS850?

Thanks

Steve

If you have a standard GS you can use the E-bay bracket that is $30...
I don't know where we are... but I have been lost here before...

Offline croleyg

• GS Junior Member
  • Bike: 2019 F850GSA
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2020, 07:12:18 PM »
Another alternative is the Hornig mount. Part no. 44016.  Just a bar - no cradle - and it is described as being for the GS but I ordered one and with just a slight widening of a couple of the mounting holes it worked fine.  If I had the equipment I could have bent the mounting pieces and it would have been perfect but drilling out a couple of the holes just a bit was easier.  The rider view pic was taken with the camera where my eyes would have been while riding so you can see what it looks like while on the bike.  A little high but not bad at all.  Cost me $70USD and it took a while to get here but you folks in Europe can probably get it faster.  The Hornig site lists it for 57,90 Euros incl. VAT but not shipping. https://www.motorcycleparts-hornig.com/Search.html?q=44016

Confidence is the feeling you have just before you fully understand the situation.

Online Gazza750

• GS Pro
  • Bike: F850GS Adventure
  • Town / City: Yorkshire
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2020, 08:44:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by Jester [+]
Hi Gazza,
Both visors for the screen & Sat Nav came from wunderlich. Super easy to install as well.  :152:

Decided to buy a satnav visor off Fleabay for just 8 inc postage. I cut the elastic straps off the visor, then fitted double sided trim tape around the front edge of the satnav screen, and pushed the visor against it creating a perfect seal and bond. It fits well, it's very secure, and I'm delighted with the outcome - especially for the price!!

« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 08:45:26 PM by Gazza750 »