Author Fork solution  (Read 17878 times)

• Offline MCMXCIVRS   ca

• GS Pro  ‐    140

Offline MCMXCIVRS

• GS Pro
    • Bike: F850GSA
    • Town / City: CALGARY
    Re: Fork solution
    Reply #50 on: Mar 08, 2022, 04.01 pm
    Mar 08, 2022, 04.01 pm
    Finally had the chance to test out my Tractive cartridge down in Mexico on a ride into Copper Canyon.

It's a night and day difference from the stock fork. No more teeth rattling jarring harshness, just good control and better ride.

• Offline ca1ic0cat   us

• GS Newbie  ‐    7

Offline ca1ic0cat

• GS Newbie
    • Town / City: Webster
    Re: Fork solution for pogo stick....
    Reply #51 on: Apr 16, 2022, 06.17 pm
    Apr 16, 2022, 06.17 pm
    I'm coming off a couple of R bikes with the paralever/telelever suspension so I'm spoiled rotten.  But accelerated decrepitude caused me to go with the lightweight decision of the F850GSR with a low suspension.  With my experience with the R bikes the front of the F is a pogo stick so I've been following this thread with interest.  I've just been browsing the Beemershop and Tractive sites and hot damn, Ted now has a low suspension option for the F bike front and rear!  The factory low suspension bike doesn't have ESA.  I would love to have that, I go from slab to twisty two lanes to gravel as I leave ROC for trips. 

Does anybody know of a hack to enable the ESA on a factory low suspension bike?

Thanks!

• Offline richardbd   gb

• GS Pro  ‐    129

Offline richardbd

• GS Pro
    • Town / City: London
    Reply #52 on: Apr 16, 2022, 06.33 pm
    Apr 16, 2022, 06.33 pm
    *Originally Posted by ca1ic0cat [+]
    I'm coming off a couple of R bikes with the paralever/telelever suspension so I'm spoiled rotten.  But accelerated decrepitude caused me to go with the lightweight decision of the F850GSR with a low suspension.  With my experience with the R bikes the front of the F is a pogo stick so I've been following this thread with interest.  I've just been browsing the Beemershop and Tractive sites and hot damn, Ted now has a low suspension option for the F bike front and rear!  The factory low suspension bike doesn't have ESA.  I would love to have that, I go from slab to twisty two lanes to gravel as I leave ROC for trips. 

Does anybody know of a hack to enable the ESA on a factory low suspension bike?

Thanks!

Donít Tractive do a non-ESA shock?  Iíd be surprised if not as I had one on my Rally Raid CB500X. It was the dogís dangliesÖ

• Offline ca1ic0cat   us

• GS Newbie  ‐    7

Offline ca1ic0cat

• GS Newbie
    Reply #53 on: Apr 17, 2022, 08.31 pm
    Apr 17, 2022, 08.31 pm
    *Originally Posted by richardbd [+]
    Donít Tractive do a non-ESA shock?  Iíd be surprised if not as I had one on my Rally Raid CB500X. It was the dogís dangliesÖ

Yes, there is a non-ESA shock but I was thinking of going to the full system.  Given the condition of roads in upstate NY and the availability of gravel in the Finger Lakes it would be useful.

• Offline gmayan   ca

• GS Newbie  ‐    4

Offline gmayan

• GS Newbie
    • Town / City: Winnipeg MB
    Reply #54 on: May 09, 2022, 09.49 pm
    May 09, 2022, 09.49 pm
    I finally had a chance to test the tractive suspension upgrade, both on asphalt and dirt and I'm really happy with the results, the bike is very solid and well planted now on the front, feels much more firmer than stock on any conditions, very predictable. All noises of loose stuff are gone (in the past any pothole seems to rattle the front end). In the dirt... mostly sand, it feels great too, I didn't push it too much but in the past it was very easy to bottom out... it wasn't even close with the upgrade, very happy with the results, I would recommend it. I was worry about loosing comfort in highways... it's a very nice ride. Thanks again to Ted and his team and all the posts that helped me here.

• Offline richardbd   gb

• GS Pro  ‐    129

Offline richardbd

• GS Pro
    Reply #55 on: May 15, 2022, 01.56 pm
    May 15, 2022, 01.56 pm
    *Originally Posted by ca1ic0cat [+]
    Yes, there is a non-ESA shock but I was thinking of going to the full system.  Given the condition of roads in upstate NY and the availability of gravel in the Finger Lakes it would be useful.

I doubt you can fit an ESA shock (Tractive or otherwise) to a non-ESA bike - at least not at a sensible cost.

I believe the Tractive unit is a plug and play replacement for the OEM ESA unit.  I suspect there is a bunch of electronics missing on a non-ESA bike that the Tractive unit needs to function.

• Offline MudFoot   us

• GS Newbie  ‐    9

Offline MudFoot

• GS Newbie
    • Bike: F850GS Adventure
    • Town / City: Frederick, MD
    Reply #56 on: Jun 19, 2022, 10.44 am
    Jun 19, 2022, 10.44 am
    Has anyone tried the 30mm lowering kit from the Beemer shop ?  (TracTive X-TREME Fork Cartridge Kit (-30mm low, one leg ) / F850GSA '19-On). I have a Ď19 Rallye edition, and Iím just not comfortable with the standard height, keeps me on my toes at a stop   :008:

I put the TT 40 mm lowering kit from HyperPro, front and rear on the bike. Love the height now, but the front shocks dive significantly in hard breaking, as bad or worse than stock. 

Iím thinking about ordering the Fork Cartridge kit with left side dampening rod, and throwing the original spring back in the left side.  Keeping the rear HyperPro spring on for now.

Thoughts Ö Suggestions ?

• Offline ca1ic0cat   us

• GS Newbie  ‐    7

Offline ca1ic0cat

• GS Newbie
    Reply #57 on: Jun 22, 2022, 02.08 pm
    Jun 22, 2022, 02.08 pm
    I've got the TT cartridge from BeemerShop.  Definate improvement over the pogo stick.  Still waiting for the shock to come in (I've got the factory lowered bike, should have bought the tall version and lowered it to keep the ESA but who knows...)  When that shows up I'll have a shock set up for my weight.  Ted did this for me on my old R1200GS and it was perfect.

• Offline richardbd   gb

• GS Pro  ‐    129

Offline richardbd

• GS Pro
    Reply #58 on: Jul 07, 2022, 11.13 pm
    Jul 07, 2022, 11.13 pm
    Got my full Tractive set-up installed today - ESA shock and fork cartridge.

Early days - just 50 miles back home but already I sense a night and day difference...