BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Crash bars for Low-Suspension  (Read 256 times)

Offline MerMer

• GS Member
  • Town / City: Basel - CH
Crash bars for Low-Suspension
« on: February 24, 2020, 05:03:50 PM »
Hey,

Can anyone recommend a good upper crash bar for the low suspension f850gs?

I found one that I really wanted from Heed, which is the Bunker option from them (link below) but it states that it is not compatible for some reason with the low suspension. Why i wanted this was because it provides both upper and lower protection and both sides are connected both at the top and bottom.

Does any one know if the space between the top of the front mud guard and bottom of the beak is less on the lower version vs the standard when the front suspension is fully compressed?

https://heedshop.eu/en_US/p/Crash-bars-for-BMW-F-850-GS-BUNKER-/462

Thanks

Online Matty589

• GS Pro
Re: Crash bars for Low-Suspension
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 05:14:46 PM »
I've got the Wunderlich stainless steel bars and they've nice - they look like an OEM product and are very sturdy, plus you can add upper crash bars to them.

Offline MerMer

• GS Member
  • Town / City: Basel - CH
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 05:56:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by Matty589 [+]
I've got the Wunderlich stainless steel bars and they've nice - they look like an OEM product and are very sturdy, plus you can add upper crash bars to them.

Ok, so this is the lower (engine) protection. I was looking at Wunderlich, but to get the upper and lower protection from them is over 500 chf vs 200 chf from Heed.

I now got an email from Heed, and they say itís because of the possibility of the front fender touching the bar that goes under the beak. I see the ones from Wunderlich has the same bar that goes across under the beak and they do not say its not compatible with the low-suspension. 

Offline ab8mi

• GS Member
  • Bike: 850 GS
  • Town / City: Boerne, TX
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 10:08:27 PM »
See my post today under crash bar test, my bike is the low suspension model, due to my short legs...lol.   :305:
Racing Red BMW 850 GS