BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Enduro pro mode  (Read 1043 times)

Online Hommes

• GS Member
  • Bike: F850GS
  • Town / City: Treorchy
Re: Enduro pro mode
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2020, 10:34:43 AM »
I don't think is a matter of bypassing anything or everyone would be doing it and not buying the dongle. Probably the dongle has software in it to tell the ECU to activate the Pro functions. 

Offline Moekluse

• GS Junior Member
  • Town / City: Wilmington NC
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2020, 11:21:48 AM »
That's what I'm assuming but I've seen a handful of people do it on the 1000rr's. I just didnt want to take any chances with the 850 just incase. But if anyone does get the time to measure across it, that would be awesome

Online woodsguy

• GS Member
  • Bike: 850GS
  • Town / City: Huntsville, Tx
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2020, 01:41:41 PM »
I'll admit I'm dumb ahead of time, 2019 850GS. It appears I have the needed options and I have acquired the plug. But I'm not seeing where to plug it in under the seat. I've studied the pictures, little stumped here. I've got 250 miles on the bike at this time.
2019 BMW GS850, 2019 Husqvarna TE300

Online Hommes

• GS Member
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2020, 02:40:48 PM »
Hi.
If you look at the first picture in reply 7, the plug you need is the one held in place by that  stretchy rubber band. Undo the band, then remove the sealing cap from the connector and then plug the dongle into to connector.  Tuck it back under and hold in place with the rubber band. Pro modes should now be available.

Regards

Dave.

Offline Moekluse

• GS Junior Member
  • Town / City: Wilmington NC
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2020, 03:04:47 PM »
Mlm one was tucked deep in there just dangling. Once you see it you'll know its it cause of the band

Online woodsguy

• GS Member
  • Bike: 850GS
  • Town / City: Huntsville, Tx
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2020, 03:53:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by Hommes [+]
Hi.
If you look at the first picture in reply 7, the plug you need is the one held in place by that  stretchy rubber band. Undo the band, then remove the sealing cap from the connector and then plug the dongle into to connector.  Tuck it back under and hold in place with the rubber band. Pro modes should now be available.

Regards

Dave.
Bingo, I've been looking in the wrong spot. Now one more question, is there any reason not to leave it plugged in all the time? And thanks!
2019 BMW GS850, 2019 Husqvarna TE300

Online Hommes

• GS Member
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2020, 04:22:08 PM »
It's meant to be left in so you have access to all the modes.

Offline heatmizr

• GS Junior Member
  • Town / City: Charlotte
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2020, 01:26:12 PM »
I believe it is included only with the PREMIUM package, regardless of other options. It is called RIDER MODE PRO.
Yes that is the socket where the red plug will go. Look at your paperwork, if you got PREMIUM model the plug would have been in the plastic bag with your manual. Or, should have been.
Yes, once inserted, leave it there forever. It just allows access to further customizing options for ABS, TC (and I think throttle response? maybe not) on the TFT dash menu under the bike settings.

Honestly, its only like 2 settings that you can vary by three positions - 
ABS intervention - select Level 1, 2, or 3 ;
Traction Control - select Level 1, 2, or 3

I looked at them, and left them in the default positions which sounded good for me. So even with the plug, I didn't change anything.  So not sure it's even doing anything different for me than No plug...?
Seems to work well for traction. The only thing I might like is a bit more ABS in the front, I have semi-locked up the front a few times on dry stony dirt..
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 01:35:16 PM by heatmizr »