BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: F850GS - Original windscreen + Wunderlich add-on spoiler VARIO-ERGO 3D  (Read 266 times)

Offline KSD

• GS Junior Member
  • Town / City: Toruń
Has anyone tested the connection of the original windshield of the F850GS motorcycle with the Wunderlich add-on spoiler VARIO-ERGO 3D? Is there any improvement in wind protection? Does it make sense?

Offline RIMark

• GS Member
  • Town / City: Wakefield, RI
Re: F850GS - Original windscreen + Wunderlich add-on spoiler VARIO-ERG
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 01:31:36 AM »
I can't address the Wunderlich add-on spoiler but for reference I run a F850GS windscreen with a Puig clip-on deflector, it is a little smaller than the Wunderlich unit.  I would expect the the Vario-Ergo 3D would work well, I'm very happy with my Puig Clip-On, it works for me but I'm 5'8", your mileage my vary.  The clip-on deflector makes a big difference as far a buffeting goes.  On a related topic, Winglets are also a nice ungrade, I'm using Madstad winglets and they make a huge difference it quieting the turbulence in the cockpit.  Madstads work well on US bikes but European bikes generally have LED turn signals and the Madstad winglets don't fit.  It is my understanding that the Puig winglets are a better choice for bikes with LED turn signals.  Too much information, I got off track a little.  Hope this helps.  Cheers.  :821:
RI Mark F750GS

Offline Matty589

• GS Pro
Re: F850GS - Original windscreen + Wunderlich add-on spoiler VARIO-ERG
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 08:01:51 AM »
Against I canít speak about the Wunderlich spoiler, I have the stock screen on my F850 with the MRA X-screen. It does something but Iím not entirely sure itís all that positive - maybe a bit less buffeting. Iíve found that with whatever screen and setup on either the 750 or 850 and Iíve never been able to get rid of buffeting entirely. In fact the best options Iíve found are just the small stock screen or the Madstad bracket and a barn door screen.