BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Nature throws a curve ball in my commute  (Read 451 times)

Offline Newguy

• GS Pro
  • Bike: 850 GS
  • Town / City: Bellingham
Nature throws a curve ball in my commute
« on: January 13, 2020, 11:23:01 AM »
In keeping with the patterns of my local weather systems, my area is experiencing delayed winter.
A week ago I woke up thinking, OK I'm going to commute down to Seattle Wa and everything should be OK.. So wrong!

It was below freezing and it began snowing within 15 minutes of me departing, I'm a stubborn critter so I kept on going. It kept getting worse..

After 40 minutes, I was juggling steering and using one of my hands as a windshield wiper on my helmet, idiots tailgating in slick conditions all the way naturally. One thing that is horridly consistent is that drivers in my region don't change their driving behavior when road conditions do (like snow..).
Snowmageddon subsided for the time being about 1.5 hours later. I arrived in Snohomish, Seattle was pleasantly barren of snow (they are horrible drivers!).

I don't have a go-pro or anything, if I did it would probably record me looking like this guy, only with much less facial hair.

I am officially snowed in at the moment, the highways up north were receiving about 2 inches or so per hour yesterday morning.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 11:24:22 AM by Newguy »

Offline MattR

• Forum Help and Support
  • GS Pro
  • Town / City: Bristol
Re: Nature throws a curve ball in my commute
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 12:18:47 PM »
Your post caught my eye as I might be visiting that area later in the year. Hope it's not like that in Sept/Oct !    :008: