BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: WRS touring windscreen  (Read 1934 times)

Online Matty589

• GS Pro
  • Bike: 2019 F750GS
  • Town / City: Surrey
Re: WRS touring windscreen
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2020, 10:53:17 PM »
I have the Madstad screen bracket and winglets and tbh Iím not sure if the winglets make any difference (and they donít really fit with LED indicators). Even with an MRA Vario screen thereís still buffeting. I found the F700/800GS and 800GSA suffered with same issue. I think it is the bike design and donít expect to ever get rid of it, so Iíve given up spending any more money and am just living with it.

Offline SteveF850gs

• GS Member
  • Town / City: London
Re: WRS touring windscreen
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2020, 01:49:03 PM »
Update.......

Following the partial success of the Ďhome madeí screen angle adjustment i ordered a Madstad adjustable bracket/indicator wings

As Matty says the indicator wings dont fit very well with led indicators, but i did fit them along with the adjustable screen bracket

With the screen in the low position but angled out the buffeting/noise levels are very similar to my home made efforts

With the screen at the top position and angled out there is a marked improvement.

At speeds up to about 65 there is now very little noise, and at 80mph the noise isnt too bad ( with earplugs)

So i too am going to stop spending money and Ďlive with ití

Booked a ferry to spain for June 😎

Steve