BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: New dunlop 50/50 tires!  (Read 1757 times)

Offline Tioli

• GS Pro
  • Bike: F750GS
  • Town / City: Tasmania
Re: New dunlop 50/50 tires!
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2020, 12:09:06 AM »
I have heard that once a tyre has a puncture itís screwed but my previous bike I picked it up first day rode it around a bit and the next day the rear tyre was flat with a big nail in it. Plugged it and all was well for the rest of its life.

Online SnoDrtRider

• GS Pro
  • Bike: F850GS
  • Town / City: South Jersey, USA
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2020, 01:13:19 AM »
*Originally Posted by Tioli [+]
I have heard that once a tyre has a puncture it’s screwed but my previous bike I picked it up first day rode it around a bit and the next day the rear tyre was flat with a big nail in it. Plugged it and all was well for the rest of its life.
I only rely on plugs in an emergency... even on 4 wheels. With a bike I replace the tire... with a 4 wheel vehicle I have my tire shop patch the tire from the inside ASAP.
I don't know where we are... but I have been lost here before...

Offline netaron

• GS Member
  • Town / City: Scottsdale, AZ
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2020, 01:16:40 AM »
Agreed, and everyone obviously is encouraged to make their own assessment (size of puncture, location etc.), but I would be good with a plug on my 850, especially with the TPM onboard. However, I would not do the same to a track bike, although I have heard of a few riders doing exactly that. The newer tire plugs that feel like tire material do a better job from what I've experienced with my truck.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 01:17:52 AM by netaron »