BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Any sign of a Shop/Service Manual Yet? Oil Change Whoas  (Read 2467 times)

Offline croleyg

• GS Junior Member
  • Bike: 2019 F850GSA
Re: Any sign of a Shop/Service Manual Yet? Oil Change Whoas
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2020, 11:05:19 PM »
Excellent!  Thanks, SnoDrtRider.  It sounds like BMW has upped its game on bike manuals since the CD manuals I have for my 1200 aren't nearly that sophisticated.
Confidence is the feeling you have just before you fully understand the situation.

Offline dirt donna

• GS Member
  • Bike: F850GSA
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2020, 01:31:01 AM »
Thanks so much for the info....checked with the local dealer however they claimed it wasn't listed on their copy of the ETK. ..... :003:

I'll have to keep checking back or go elsewhere when on a trip.

DD

Offline SnoDrtRider

• GS Pro
  • Bike: F850GS
  • Town / City: South Jersey, USA
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2020, 11:57:37 AM »
*Originally Posted by dirt donna [+]
Thanks so much for the info....checked with the local dealer however they claimed it wasn't listed on their copy of the ETK. ..... :003:

I'll have to keep checking back or go elsewhere when on a trip.

DD

I do not think the dealers normally stock these so they would need to be ordered no matter where you go.
I don't know where we are... but I have been lost here before...

Offline croleyg

• GS Junior Member
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2020, 05:11:34 PM »
SnoDrtRider is spot on plus, if your local dealer is like mine, they have trouble finding the correct drain plug washers for my bike, much less anything out of the ordinary.  Call/email Bob's or Max or someone with a real national presence and they will not only know what you are talking about, they should be able to order one for you.
Confidence is the feeling you have just before you fully understand the situation.

Offline SnoDrtRider

• GS Pro
  • Bike: F850GS
  • Town / City: South Jersey, USA
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2020, 10:14:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by croleyg [+]
SnoDrtRider is spot on plus, if your local dealer is like mine, they have trouble finding the correct drain plug washers for my bike, much less anything out of the ordinary.  Call/email Bob's or Max or someone with a real national presence and they will not only know what you are talking about, they should be able to order one for you.

My dealer (Hermey's) has a great parts guy who knew all about the manual (dvd) when I emailed him to order it.

If you call as for Chuck in parts...

https://hermys.com/
I don't know where we are... but I have been lost here before...

Offline netaron

• GS Member
  • Town / City: Scottsdale, AZ
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2020, 01:01:28 AM »
I'm in the process of ordering a service manual DVD, looks like it has to be shipped from Germany as the local dealer in Phoenix does not have them in stock, nor can they obtain it from another dealer. Regardless, can someone with the manual please post pics of the front brake line? Before taking anything apart, I'd like to know how it's routed to the abs unit.

Thank you.

Offline croleyg

• GS Junior Member
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2020, 07:22:31 PM »
Just an update on timing for anyone ordering the manual from a State-side dealer:  I ordered mine from Bob's BMW at the end of February and just received it yesterday, 4 April, so a little over 5 weeks.  I haven't even looked at it yet but I assume it is pretty much the same as the disc-based manual I have for my old 1200GS, which was pretty good.