BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Dominator link pipe.  (Read 5320 times)

Online Matty589

• GS Pro
Re: Dominator link pipe.
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2019, 07:04:02 PM »
Very nice. I prefer the Dominator design to the Remus. Will buy one soon for the 850GS!

Offline Brodixv8

• GS Pro
  • Bike: F850GSA Rallye
  • Town / City: Auckland New Zealand
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2019, 01:06:03 AM »
*Originally Posted by Matty589 [+]
Very nice. I prefer the Dominator design to the Remus. Will buy one soon for the 850GS!

Dom offer a great service. We got 2 down here to NZ in very quick time. Painless. G.

Offline tomcat

• GS Pro
  • Bike: F850GS Sport.
  • Town / City: Gisburn
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2019, 09:43:43 PM »
If it aint broke, keep fixing it until it is!

Online Matty589

• GS Pro
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2019, 01:26:33 PM »
The Remus pipe does NOT fit an F850GS with Akra can. The can mount point is about 1cm  to the right of the hole in the can. Iíve  made sure all of the brackets are secure and itís way out. Itís not even in the same place relative to the footrest! Holding the link pipe above the original box itís taller and extends further to the left. On this basis and comparing with the original can I canít see how that would fit either. Sadly itís used so I canít return it. Soon to be up for sale again :(
What a waste of time and money!

Offline tomcat

• GS Pro
  • Bike: F850GS Sport.
  • Town / City: Gisburn
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2019, 01:53:01 PM »
Someone else struggling with the Remus pipe. I don;t recall any issues reported with the Dominator pipe.
If it aint broke, keep fixing it until it is!

Online Matty589

• GS Pro
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2019, 02:02:38 PM »
Yep, not worth bothering to try and make it fit. Clearly the Remus pipe presents the exhaust in a different place to the standard collector. No mention of this on the Remus site but then I guess they want you to buy a Remus can. No chance of returning it so now up for sale...

Offline MokumMoto

• GS Junior Member
  • Town / City: Amsterdam
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2019, 10:58:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by Matty589 [+]
Yep, not worth bothering to try and make it fit. Clearly the Remus pipe presents the exhaust in a different place to the standard collector. No mention of this on the Remus site but then I guess they want you to buy a Remus can. No chance of returning it so now up for sale...

Quick question on this: there is quite a bit of play in the system if you loosen the exhaust hanger bolt and the two collars on the pipe that links the Akra to the silencer box. I noticed it the other day when installing it. If you loosen everything up, and it fits then, you might be able to make it fit, no?
Also: still selling it? 😇

Online EThor

• GS Member
  • Bike: F850GS Adv Rallye X
  • Town / City: Melbourne
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2019, 12:07:25 AM »
Hi MokumMoto,

I don't know if this helps, I installed the Dominator link pipe to my Akra can, see pictures. No problems, good fit.

2019 BMW F850GS Adventure Rallye X, 2018 Husqvarna FX350, 1999 Husqvarna TE610E.

Online Matty589

• GS Pro
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2019, 03:01:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by MokumMoto [+]
Quick question on this: there is quite a bit of play in the system if you loosen the exhaust hanger bolt and the two collars on the pipe that links the Akra to the silencer box. I noticed it the other day when installing it. If you loosen everything up, and it fits then, you might be able to make it fit, no?
Also: still selling it? 😇

It wasnít even close - exhausting hanger hole was pretty much 2cm to the right of the exhaust. The various pipes had no play left. I didnít try it with the std end can but side by side the Remus pipe was definitely higher and further back than OEM. Iíve now sold it - I may look at the dominator pipe which actually looks a nicer design to me!

Offline AdamChandler

• GS Junior Member
  • Town / City: Hanover, NH
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2019, 06:17:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by tomcat [+]
Someone else struggling with the Remus pipe. I don;t recall any issues reported with the Dominator pipe.

That's my video. I returned the Remus and ordered the Dominator. Works perfectly with the HP / Akrapovic Silencer:

Video: