Author Slider locations  (Read 303 times)

• Offline Rex_Diablo   us

• GS Newbie  ‐    6

Offline Rex_Diablo

• GS Newbie
    • Bike: '23 F850 GSA
    • Town / City: Roseburg
    Slider locations
    on: Jan 16, 2023, 07.55 pm
    Jan 16, 2023, 07.55 pm
    My 2023 F850 GSA finally arrived last week and I've been running through the break-in period on a series of rides in the lovely January weather in Oregon. I typically spend a lot of my time riding on gravel logging roads or dirt trails so it's not as much a question of if I'll put her down but when. I normally don't mind my bikes looking a little rough, but this thing is so new and beautiful it's got me thinking about adding some extra protection.

I'm wondering about the contact points for a drop/ and or lay down at low speeds. In looking the bike over it seems right around the bend on the engine guards and the bar ends for a drop. I have Giant Loop soft bags on the back so the rear axle will probably be protected.

Anybody have advice here? I would welcome input from those of you who have dropped your F850s. Sorry to take advantage of your hard knocks.  :012:

• Offline GSA Guy   us

• GS Newbie  ‐    1

Offline GSA Guy

• GS Newbie
    • Bike: 2023 GSA Triple Blac
    • Town / City: Sacramento
    Re: Slider locations
    Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2023, 08.02 am
    Jan 22, 2023, 08.02 am
    Curios on this question as well. I added protectors on the crash bars but like a lil more engine protection.

• Offline Rex_Diablo   us

• GS Newbie  ‐    6

Offline Rex_Diablo

• GS Newbie
    • Bike: '23 F850 GSA
    • Town / City: Roseburg
    Re: Slider locations
    Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2023, 06.42 pm
    Jan 22, 2023, 06.42 pm
    I think I'll just do what I did on past bikes. I took a moderately sized piece of plywood and set it against the edge of the tire while my son held the bike straight up and down (not on side stand). I then lifted the plywood up towards the bike until it made contact, and I noted the contact points. It worked okay, but not completely accurate for the high points on the bike.

better