Author Key Fob Extra Button Re Use  (Read 280 times)

• Offline AussieJeff   au

• GS Member  ‐    11

Offline AussieJeff

• GS Member
    • Bike: F850GS
    • Town / City: Barnsley
    Key Fob Extra Button Re Use
    on: Nov 18, 2022, 01.08 am
    Nov 18, 2022, 01.08 am
    The Fob my bike uses has 2 buttons ( A ) BMW symbol and another with an arrow ( B ) . I believe the ( A ) BMW symbol is for the alarm that my bike does not have and I'm told that the ( B ) arrow is used to open luggage locks on R1200RT styles. The buttons work on 433Mhz. Before I start delving deeper has anyone tried to re purpose these buttons using 433mhz receive modules with learning capabilities? I've had a bit of a play with just the Fob and it appears the (B) button code is non hopping. Would like to hear from somebody who has already tried this before I invest time and money.  Link to one of many 433mhz learners below.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/224687361212

Admin edit:  ebay link substantially shortened !
    Last Edit: Nov 18, 2022, 10.10 am by MattR

• Offline abdullah   kw

• GS Member  ‐    47

Offline abdullah

• GS Member
    • Bike: F750GS
    • Town / City: Khalidya
    Re: Key Fob Extra Button Re Use
    Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2022, 05.25 am
    Nov 18, 2022, 05.25 am
    i am not sure but i think you can access canbus system and read data from there but you need to be expert in hex coding and sniffing skill to dump data from canbus system

check hex ezcan product i think they implement seemlier idea

• Offline AussieJeff   au

• GS Member  ‐    11

Offline AussieJeff

• GS Member
    • Bike: F850GS
    • Town / City: Barnsley
    Re: Key Fob Extra Button Re Use
    Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2022, 12.22 pm
    Nov 18, 2022, 12.22 pm
    I so wish I could. Sniffing the bus to detect the fob button trigger and intergrading that into ezCAN can in theory be done but only with the bike in their Labs. I once spoke with their developers to try and get a way for EzCAN to detect bus triggers from the numerous extra handlebar switches my R1200RT ex police bike had, so I could utilise them to control various devices but to sniff the can for these inputs was impossible with out them having the bike in their workshop. Their software is locked for testing and they weren't too interested as the market was too small for the time/work needed to do this. 
    If ezCAN did add the Key Fob buttons to ezCAN so they could be used as a triggers then imagine the possibilities, remote luggage unlock for all, you could even trigger a short horn beep and flash low beams for finding your bike in dark carparks. Key Fob Button compatibility for ezCAN would be awesome and fix half my problem.

I've mounted a small 12volt solenoid in my topbox. I want 1 button to trigger a device on the bike to unlock it and the other button to trigger my garage roller door.

Has anyone played with devices that can be triggered by the 433mhz signal that the key fob transmits before I start playing around?