Author Topic: Helmet Communicators - Connect GPS or Phone?  (Read 242 times)

• Offline duncanmacster   au

• GS Member  ‐    91

Offline duncanmacster

• GS Member
    • Bike: F850GSA 40 Years
    • Town / City: Melbourne
    Helmet Communicators - Connect GPS or Phone?
    on: Jun 09, 2022, 02.13 am
    Jun 09, 2022, 02.13 am
    I have acquired a Cardo Packtalk and am looking at the pairing issue of whether to have my phone paired to the Cardo, or to the GPS (BMW Navigator).

I could, of course, just experiment, but I am going on a ride next week and don't have the time, so perhaps someone has addressed the issue?

Using the phone while riding is a very low priority for me, but listening to music I would like to do. Thus my thoughts are: pair the phone to the Cardo.

Comments will be appreciated.

Just want to ride

• Offline SnoDrtRider   us

• GS Master  ‐    687

Offline SnoDrtRider

• GS Master
    • Bike: F850GS
    • Town / City: South Jersey, USA
    Re: Helmet Communicators - Connect GPS or Phone?
    Reply #1 on: Jun 09, 2022, 12.04 pm
    Jun 09, 2022, 12.04 pm
    If you have "Connectivity" on the bike and the TFT display you pair the phone to the bike, The Cardo to the bike and the Nav to the Cardo as well. You then control your music through the TFT using the "wonder wheel" and menu buttons on the left handgrip switchgear.

There are many videos floating around on how to do this properly. As there are certain settings on the Nav that need to be switched off or on.

I don't know where we are... but I have been lost here before...

• Offline purds   gb

• GS Member  ‐    34

Offline purds

• GS Member
    • Town / City: PETERBOROUGH
    Re: Helmet Communicators - Connect GPS or Phone?
    Reply #2 on: Jun 20, 2022, 02.23 pm
    Jun 20, 2022, 02.23 pm
    I found that if I connected through the TFT as per the usual method I lost half the voice commands on the Bold and also the Hey Siri command for making calls on the phone.
    I have my music on an SD card in the Nav6 and connect the Bold direct to Phone and the Bold to the Nav via the second channel Nav pairing.

This is fine for me - the Bold voice commands all work flawlessly as does Hey Siri for the phone. Music choices can be selected via the Nav but I usually just put it on Shuffle and use use the Bold voice commands to skip the tracks I'm not in the mood for. I can see no advantages of connecting via the TFT. If I do want to get the speed limit shown on the TFT and/or to use the Connected App I can simply pair the phone to the TFT also.

better