Author Deceleration - weird noise  (Read 435 times)

• Offline LubaCZ   cz

• GS Newbie  ‐    1

Offline LubaCZ

• GS Newbie
    • F750GS
    • Bike: F750GS
    Deceleration - weird noise
    on: Jun 08, 2022, 06.39 pm
    Jun 08, 2022, 06.39 pm
    Hi, I can hear really weird sound/noise during deceleration. Regardles of speed and gear, it occurs around 4000-4500rpm. Cannot hear it when the engine is cold. The sound is quite annoying and unpleasant.
    Anyone have similar experience / know how to fix it?
    Thanks

• Offline LastBike2022   us

• GS Newbie  ‐    1

Offline LastBike2022

• GS Newbie
    • Bike: F750GS
    Re: Deceleration - weird noise
    Reply #1 on: Jun 23, 2022, 07.51 pm
    Jun 23, 2022, 07.51 pm
    I have a new 2022 F750GS that puts out a HIGH pitched sound that is annoying as heck in RPM ranges of 3 to 4 thousand. I hear the noise from behind me. Found a few comments about problem and the ties to the tires. High pitch sound from rubber??? It almost sounds as if it's harmonic. Removed Givi trunk to see if that could be it, nope! Varying RPM's with in the range doesn't seem to help. Definitely high pitched and ear plugs  doesn't do much, but my Apple ear pods seem to cancel out the noise. Help!

• Offline alin156   ro

• GS Member  ‐    40

Offline alin156

• GS Member
    • Town / City: Bucharest
    Re: Deceleration - weird noise
    Reply #2 on: Jun 26, 2022, 07.19 pm
    Jun 26, 2022, 07.19 pm
    *Originally Posted by LastBike2022 [+]
    I have a new 2022 F750GS that puts out a HIGH pitched sound that is annoying as heck in RPM ranges of 3 to 4 thousand. I hear the noise from behind me. Found a few comments about problem and the ties to the tires. High pitch sound from rubber??? It almost sounds as if it's harmonic. Removed Givi trunk to see if that could be it, nope! Varying RPM's with in the range doesn't seem to help. Definitely high pitched and ear plugs  doesn't do much, but my Apple ear pods seem to cancel out the noise. Help!

If you have the Anakee 3 tires, then yes, pitch is caused by them... Mine howled at 70 and 105 km/h. Had them changed after 10k km and noise was gone