BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: BMW F850 GS Exhaust Link Pipe Mod  (Read 17143 times)

Offline tomcat

• GS Pro
  • Bike: F850GS Sport.
  • Town / City: Gisburn
Re: BMW F850 GS Exhaust Link Pipe Mod
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2019, 11:25:56 AM »
Not having an aluminium under protector I can't comment on its protection.
In regards to the Dominator link pipe. The link pipe is more compact and offers greater ground clearance than the original bulky euro box it replaces.
Please note, despite the wording of the part, it does NOT replace the cat, it simply acts as a link pipe from the cat, eliminating the large silencer to the exhaust can.
If it aint broke, keep fixing it until it is!

Online Matty589

• GS Pro
  • Bike: 2019 F750GS
  • Town / City: Surrey
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2019, 07:09:27 PM »
When I fitted the Remus link pipe with the BMW large Alu bash plate it didnít extend back as far as the pipe so I would say no.

Offline jevijavi

• GS Junior Member
  • Town / City: Santo Domingo
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2019, 04:34:30 PM »
 Im leaning towards the dominator link pipe + diablo exhuast. Have no experience with them. Can anybody comment on the quality of the FUEL exhausts?
Or any other exausts (other than the obvious Akrapovic and Remus) ?
thanks!

Offline tomcat

• GS Pro
  • Bike: F850GS Sport.
  • Town / City: Gisburn
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2019, 04:53:02 PM »
I have a Fuel exhaust on my 850. Excellent company (family firm) to deal with. Products are all made in house, not Chinese imports.
I think there is currently a  £50 off offer on the Fuel exhaust range.
Contact them and tell them George, who gave them his 850 to create their link pipe recommended them.
If it aint broke, keep fixing it until it is!

Offline jevijavi

• GS Junior Member
  • Town / City: Santo Domingo
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2019, 07:13:04 PM »
hey tomcat. thanks for your reply. Will do if i go with FUEL.

Could you upload a video of your exhuast setup to youtube?  And post the link here. 
Pretty please!   :305:

Offline Newguy

• GS Pro
  • Bike: 850 GS
  • Town / City: Bellingham
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2021, 03:21:28 AM »
*Originally Posted by tomcat [+]
I have a Fuel exhaust on my 850. Excellent company (family firm) to deal with. Products are all made in house, not Chinese imports.
I think there is currently a  £50 off offer on the Fuel exhaust range.
Contact them and tell them George, who gave them his 850 to create their link pipe recommended them.
I ordered a link pipe which I hope will work with an Akropovic, i've never modded the exhaust before so this will be a learning experience. It cost me 74 bucks after tax.

Offline buckjump

• GS Member
  • Town / City: Marske , North -York
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2021, 12:52:51 PM »
Thanks to Tomcat and Fillyaboots  for inspiring me to order the link pipe from e-bay recommend by Tomcat for my 850 it came in ten days, its a well made stainless piece of kit with good welds .It fitted easily and I used the original clamps. I had to make my own rubber grommet for the hanging support pin as the original won't fit the hole on the new pipe ( you are meant to swop over from original box). I have access to a noise meter so measured before and after in dynamic mode. At idle and 3k ,the original was 80db and 90 at 3 to 4 k. With the new pipe it idles at 90db and blipping to 3 to 4 thousand revs it peaks at 105 db. It now makes a nice burbling and slight popping noise when shutting off ,but for me not annoying at all .All said I think its a good option for a man rapidly approaching 60 I don't want anything too noisy and attracting to plod. A plus is I have shed 2 kg off the overall weight as well. I will hopefully get very slightly more mpg and crisper response - possibly. !!!!!!!.