Author Goodbye F850 GSA  (Read 737 times)

• Offline timb   gb

• GS Member  ‐    11

Offline timb

• GS Member
    Goodbye F850 GSA
    on: May 18, 2022, 10.02 am
    May 18, 2022, 10.02 am
    After 12000 miles and 11 months of ownership, I have traded my F850 GS Adventure TE 40th Anniversary edition in for a New 2021 edition Africa Twin Sports.

It is not without some sadness as it is a fabulous bike that I found very engaging to ride.

However I seemed to have one that had a drinking issue, both oil and water required regular top ups, which I have never experienced before on a new modern motorcycle.
    I did of course raise my concerns with my dealer, who in fairness was a bit embarrassed but as it was within the manufacturer’s “tolerance” where not keen to pursue the issues further, as they would get the brush of by BMW.

Anyhow very pleased with my new purchase, I did go out to buy a Honda NT1100 which would be a better match to my road only riding but ended buying the CRF1100L Africa twin adventure sports after a test ride on it reminded me how much I liked the old CRF1000LAfrica twin.

I do have the Wunderlich seat and Tourtech tool box to sell, that I will post in the for sale section
    TimB

• Offline RobsGS   ca

• GS Member  ‐    30

Offline RobsGS

• GS Member
    • Bike: 2019 F850GS
    • Town / City: East Gwillimbury
    Re: Goodbye F850 GSA
    Reply #1 on: Jun 06, 2022, 03.47 am
    Jun 06, 2022, 03.47 am
    Good luck with your new AT.   Honda builds a great bike and you’ll definitely not have any oil consumption issues!   Happy trails. 

better