Author Topic: 850 GSA - Rubber inserts for the shark tooth footrests  (Read 1984 times)

• Online SnoDrtRider   us

• GS Master  ‐    670

Online SnoDrtRider

• GS Master
    • Bike: F850GS
    • Town / City: South Jersey, USA
    Re: 850 GSA - Rubber inserts for the shark tooth footrests
    Reply #10 on: Jan 24, 2022, 11.23 pm
    Jan 24, 2022, 11.23 pm
    *Originally Posted by Stixx [+]
    i bought a set of pegs for each of my last two BMW 1200 gs bikes and they did two things that I liked.

1. if you stood up on the begs and weight over 180 lbs the spring tensioned soft rubber pads would sink down and let the teeth protrude upward and dig into your foot box. This worked better than anything I've had as they were bigger than the stock skinny ones  and not as huge as the oversized off road only tooth tearing boot rippers.

2. They also had the advantage of being able to be adjusted up and down on the base attachment by about 30 mm give or take. That was good for me as I am not too leggy but knees don't bend much either so makes that option served me well .. '''

Now I wish i'd taken them off prior to trading it in on the 750 because they would work just fine on it  well and the price is still 176.oo USD. EACH SO AFTER TAX  you just ripped through four Benjamins .  Well if you want to play you have to pay I guess. The bad news. I have been waiting for months for BMW to send my dealer parts like that. Took weeks and weeks FOR them months even  to finally get my adjustable windscreen and carrier unit from BMW after they indicated it was already stateside. Needless discounts are not even a consderation any more .

I ordered what I though was a "SET" of these pegs from BMW... I was shocked to have only ONE arrive... I called my dealer and they confirmed that the were sold as EACH. Which is both crazy and deceiving.
    I would have liked this option but I ordered the Touratech Lowered pegs and I am quite happy with them at less than $200.00 at the time.
    I don't know where we are... but I have been lost here before...

• Offline Stixx   us

• GS Member  ‐    21

Offline Stixx

• GS Member
    • Bike: 2022 BMW F 750 GS
    • Town / City: TUCKER GA
    Reply #11 on: Jan 25, 2022, 01.28 am
    Jan 25, 2022, 01.28 am
    SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME THE FIRST TIME I ORDERED THE PEG . WHO SELLS ONE PEG ?? IDIOTIC

LIKE I SAID THEY ARE TWICE THE MONEY AS THE TOURATECH.  THAT SAID I REALLY LIKED THE WAY THEY FUNCTION AND KEPT THE WEAR ON MY EXPENSIVE BOOTS FROM GETTING CHEWED UP .
    Born in America , raised in the South by the grace of God.  Love to ride the hills of North Georgia ,North Carolina , and Tennessee.

• Offline richardbd   gb

• GS Pro  ‐    121

Offline richardbd

• GS Pro
    • Town / City: London
    Reply #12 on: Jan 26, 2022, 10.30 am
    Jan 26, 2022, 10.30 am
    *Originally Posted by SnoDrtRider [+]
    I ordered what I though was a "SET" of these pegs from BMW... I was shocked to have only ONE arrive... I called my dealer and they confirmed that the were sold as EACH. Which is both crazy and deceiving.
    I would have liked this option but I ordered the Touratech Lowered pegs and I am quite happy with them at less than $200.00 at the time.

Surely selling pegs individually makes sense.  If I break one I don't want to be forced to buy two.  Maybe the issue is just that dealers need to be clearer about what they're selling and what you're buying...

• Offline Matty589   gb

• GS Pro  ‐    496

Offline Matty589

• GS Pro
    • Bike: 2019 F750GS
    • Town / City: Surrey
    Reply #13 on: Jan 26, 2022, 02.04 pm
    Jan 26, 2022, 02.04 pm
    Itís not just the US - I tried to get the set you referenced above from my local BMW dealer and gave up after they were sent a set of OEM F750GS pegs, and when they queried it the distribution centre in the UK could not give any ETA on getting the correct set of HP adjustable pegs!

better