Author Topic: NEW MEMBER FROM ATLANTA GEORGIA  (Read 300 times)

• Offline Stixx   us

• GS Member  ‐    19

Offline Stixx

• GS Member
    • Bike: 2022 BMW F 750 GS
    • Town / City: TUCKER GA
    NEW MEMBER FROM ATLANTA GEORGIA
    on: Jan 03, 2022, 04.37 pm
    Jan 03, 2022, 04.37 pm

GLAD TO COME HERE ONCE AGAIN AFTER A LONG SEBATICAL WHEN I UPGRADED TO 1200 GS AND SPENT GOOD TIMES ON THAT BIKE. 'I'M BACK DOWNSIZED NOW TO THE 750 GS AND LOVING ALL THE IMPROVEMENTS SINCE MY OLD F 650 GS (TWIN) PAST AWAY .  THOUGHT I NEEDED A BIGGER BIKE BUT AT 78 , AND WITH THE MANY IMPROVEMENTS IN THE 2022 MODELS , I AM MORE THAN HAPPY WITH THE MOVE TO SLIGHTLY SMALLER BUT JUST AS SOPHISTICATED BMW F SERIES.  HOPE NO ONE OBJECTS TO MY CAPS LOCK POSTS AS DYSLEXIA AND NEUROPOTHY HAS MADE TYPING A CHORE AND FOR SOME REASON THE CAPS HELPS. DON'T WORRY I'M NOT ANGRY OR SHOUTING JUST AND OLD FART TRYING TO GET BY/.;P; LOL WELL HERE'S A PICTURE OF MY NEW STEED SO FAR AND ALMOST FINISHED EXCEPT FOR BARS AND PANNIER SKINS WHICH IS PRETTY MUCH ALL I NEED TO DO TO GET THE LOOK AND MODS I NEEDED.

Born in America , raised in the South by the grace of God.  Love to ride the hills of North Georgia ,North Carolina , and Tennessee.

• Offline KER   us

• GS Member  ‐    14

Offline KER

• GS Member
    • Bike: F850 GSA
    • Town / City: MURRIETA
    Re: NEW MEMBER FROM ATLANTA GEORGIA
    Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2022, 06.03 pm
    Jan 09, 2022, 06.03 pm
    Beautiful bike!  How do you like the twin vs the boxer motor and handling?  I have been riding a F850GSA.

X UGA Bulldog wrestler

• Offline Stixx   us

• GS Member  ‐    19

Offline Stixx

• GS Member
    Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2022, 07.19 pm
    Jan 09, 2022, 07.19 pm
    IN its latest iteration the  F 750/850 GS and GSA bikes are way more sophisticated than my F 650/850 GS twin that I had before moving up after totaling  the previous one to larger bikes. I bought a Triumph Tiger 1200 , too top heavy, then a R 1200 RS , too short and ergo unfriendly , and ultimately and for the last four years i bought and toured with the 17 R 1200 GS "blue belle" and absolutely loved it. Great mileage for a big bike and comfortable with the comfort seat that came on it and did not have to buy any aftermarket anything for it . It was at the time the ultimate BMW for me and while I'm short I could manage the bike .  As I have gotten older ( I'm 78) I realized it was getting harder and harder to manage the weight and height and slow speed maneuvering was showing my increasing difficulty in balance.  So the jury is still out on my decision to go with this lesser GS and so far I am not surprised having had a few Beemers that I had to get a new seat and windscreen right out of the box. LOL  other that that and adding another thousand bucks for those two farkles alone , and ending up with sixteen grand in a baby beemer Gs , I'm realizing what inflation has done to these bikes.  In all fairness though electronics is the culprit and those are the very things that make you smile and glad you got it. LOL

Going  forward , O figure at my age this very well might be the last bike I ever need. Trips have become shorter , much shorter due in no small part to a right hand with nerve damage from arm pump issues and using heated grips too hot too long have made using the throttle hand without CC a lot more fatiguing .

So there it is.  This bike feels like ME .  That is the best thing. It is light years more satisfying to ride and cruise big roads as well as curvy mountain roads . As to handling it seems a bit easier in parking lots but pushing it about doesn't seem all that easier.  Getting it on and off the trailer seems a bit less terrifying but , well,  to each his own.

At the end of the day , I'm not sorry i went down in power instead of up and just had my 600 mile service and had the bars put on a new set of Mezzlers which is my tire of choice on all my bikes since 2010. cheers

Born in America , raised in the South by the grace of God.  Love to ride the hills of North Georgia ,North Carolina , and Tennessee.

• Offline Stixx   us

• GS Member  ‐    19

Offline Stixx

• GS Member
    Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2022, 12.03 am
    Jan 13, 2022, 12.03 am
    *Originally Posted by KER [+]
    Beautiful bike!  How do you like the twin vs the boxer motor and handling?  I have been riding a F850GSA.

X UGA Bulldog wrestler
    [/quote

GO DOGS. MAN MONDAY NIGHT WAS EPIC. NEVER GIVE UP . GO DOGS ''

OK TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION OOPS .  There is no doubt the big boxer has the hooch we all desire in a bike to haul us and a pillion and enough luggage to make a five K trip to the left coast and back but since I'm not doing much of that nor camping nor going over endlesss off road adventures I wanted all the things I loved about GS style and comfort but in a smaller more easily managed pkg.

That the 750 offers in spades and styling and power have all been pushed to the forefront of what is needed today to ride the big roads and still return really exceptional fuel consumption.  I  have been forking up my new triple black and now trying to settle down and stop making Revzilla rich and get back to actual riding. Just finished the 600 mile service so I'm all set to cut some curves up in N. GA  as soon as the weather permits. Anything above forty or fifty farenheight works for me. Lots of inquiries on here about panniers but I was lucky and was able to keep my various off of my 1200 at the trade in negotiations and while they had some cosmetic wear small dings and decal smudges on the aluminum skins I wrapped them recently in carbon fibre and tuned them up to look pretty unique on the 750. Tall learning curve on that process BTW. So anyway nice to know there are a few of us on here that are from Georgia. Cheers .