BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Center Stand for lowered suspension.  (Read 4229 times)

Offline ab8mi

• GS Member
  • Bike: 850 GS
  • Town / City: Boerne, TX
Re: Center Stand for lowered suspension.
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2020, 02:48:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by MerMer [+]

I honestly did not. I was waiting until the weather was better to contact them. Now the issue is the closed borders.

BR.

That is no problem, certainly understandable considering what is currently going on around the world.
Racing Red BMW 850 GS

Online DimSum07

• GS Member
  • Bike: BMW F850GSA
  • Town / City: Annandale, VA
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2020, 02:56:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by Matty589 [+]
That was my issue with buying gun a regular stand, either OEM or SW Motech. The back wheel will be about 20-30mm higher off the ground, meaning that the stand will be at an even more acute angle requiring too much effort without putting the back wheel in something, and the stand doesn’t really lend itself to being cut down. I’ve yet to try the steel bar through the axle and rear paddock stand and this only solves not having a centre stand at home. I’d still like one to park with.

You could do that.  I've been using this rear paddock stand and it works well once you figure it out.

https://www.pit-bull.com/bmw-motorcycles/bmw-motorcycles/bmw-f850-gs/ducati-sport-classic-motorcycle-rear-stand-f0061a-000

I'd prefer a center stand, but at the end of the day I was going to buy front / rear stands anyway so this is what I did.  I also added an Scottoiler.
-Steve
2019 F850GSA Rallye

Online Matty589

• GS Pro
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2020, 07:15:32 PM »
The last contact I had with them was that their manufacturer was working on a low centre stand but they had no ETA. Unfortunately under current circumstances I suspect that will become “never”. And I bought a regular height 850GSA to replace the low 850Gs - but that too is stuck at the dealer in lockdown :(