BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Center Stand for lowered suspension.  (Read 3427 times)

Online MerMer

• GS Member
  • Town / City: Basel - CH
Re: Center Stand for lowered suspension.
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2020, 11:52:59 AM »
Hmm, if they give me the stand i can leave my bike with then for a few weeks. 🤷🏼‍♂️

*Originally Posted by Dave850GS [+]
I got this email response from Hornig today.

Hello Dave

Thank you very much for the email.
Unfortunately, we do not have a lowered F850GS so we cannot produce one.
But some customers simply used the main stand of the lowered F750GS.
Of course we cannot guarantee that this will fit, as we do not have a lowered F850GS to test it.
Please try to mount it carefully, if there are any signs of usage on the product you cannot return it.

Here you will find the lowered main stand for the F750GS:
https://www.motorcycleparts-hornig.com/BMW-F-750-GS-F-850-GS/Alu-High-grade-Steel/Main-Stand-lowered.html

If you have any further questions please contact us again.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Kind regards,

Anika Mazins

Offline Dave850GS

• GS Member
  • Bike: F850GS - G310GS
  • Town / City: Johor Bahru
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2020, 11:57:35 AM »
MerMer... contact them to see if they are interested in your offer.   you may get a "free" stand  :001:

Anika Mazins
http://www.mhornig.de

Motorradzubehör Hornig GmbH
Gewerbepark Chammünster Nord C5
93413 Cham
Germany
CEO: Hornig Helmut
Regensburg HRB 10330
VAT.Id.Nr. DE251397246
Tel: +49 (0)9971 99 66 10
Fax: +49 (0)9971 99 66 1

Online MerMer

• GS Member
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2020, 12:01:52 PM »
I definitely will contact them. Its not a far ride to drop the bike.

Worth it even to have a stand available to us shorter people.

*Originally Posted by Dave850GS [+]
MerMer... contact them to see if they are interested in your offer.   you may get a "free" stand  :001:

Anika Mazins
http://www.mhornig.de

Motorradzubehör Hornig GmbH
Gewerbepark Chammünster Nord C5
93413 Cham
Germany
CEO: Hornig Helmut
Regensburg HRB 10330
VAT.Id.Nr. DE251397246
Tel: +49 (0)9971 99 66 10
Fax: +49 (0)9971 99 66 1

Online Matty589

• GS Pro
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2020, 08:35:47 PM »
How strange - I had an email from Hornig just before Christmas to say their “manufacturer” was working on a stand for the lowered 850GS. Maybe they’ve given up?

Offline jrm927

• GS Junior Member
  • Town / City: Madison, AL
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2020, 05:15:18 PM »
I have installed the standard SW-Motech stand on my low suspension F850GS and everything fits well and it is a high quality product.  However, when the bike is on the stand the rear tire is about 3 inches (75 mm) off the ground and it is too hard for me to get the bike onto the stand by myself (no strength! :110:).  I'm going to do some evaluations this weekend to see if it would be easier if the stand was a couple of inches shorter.

Online MerMer

• GS Member
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2020, 05:48:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by jrm927 [+]
I have installed the standard SW-Motech stand on my low suspension F850GS and everything fits well and it is a high quality product.  However, when the bike is on the stand the rear tire is about 3 inches (75 mm) off the ground and it is too hard for me to get the bike onto the stand by myself (no strength! :110:).  I'm going to do some evaluations this weekend to see if it would be easier if the stand was a couple of inches shorter.

How if you use a small square of something that is like 1inch thick, roll the back tire on to it and then raise the bike on the center stand from there? This way you can then see if reducing the center stand by 1 inch (providing space will allow)  will work. I think it should be fairly easy for a metal workshop to reduce the stand by one inch or so. I am planning to do the same, just that I will be buying the cases, crash-bars and a bigger windshield before trying the center stand.

Offline jrm927

• GS Junior Member
  • Town / City: Madison, AL
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2020, 10:32:07 PM »
That's my plan, but I'll be using something 2" thick under both tires.  The problem with lowering this stand is that there is no easy place to remove even 1" of height.  The assist lever is only about 3/4" off the ground when deployed and there are gussets and reinforcement in the other convenient locations.

Online Matty589

• GS Pro
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2020, 01:24:42 PM »
That was my issue with buying gun a regular stand, either OEM or SW Motech. The back wheel will be about 20-30mm higher off the ground, meaning that the stand will be at an even more acute angle requiring too much effort without putting the back wheel in something, and the stand doesn’t really lend itself to being cut down. I’ve yet to try the steel bar through the axle and rear paddock stand and this only solves not having a centre stand at home. I’d still like one to park with.