BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: New Member from Northern California  (Read 570 times)

Offline Goback

• GS Member
  • Town / City: Stanislaus
New Member from Northern California
« on: September 17, 2021, 08:21:45 PM »
Iíve been reading quite a bit about adventure bikes and have narrowed my selection to either a F850GS or a F850GSA.

I went to go test ride a GS this morning and once the sales guy found out I just wanted to test ride and not buy today he politely told me to leave (in so many words.)  definitely not how I want my BMW experience to start.

Now I can understand heís in the business to make money and the showroom was packed with people I can understand him talking with me then moving on, guys got to make a living, but I was the only person there!  I was completely honest with him and when I said I was looking for used to stay in my budget he said weíll go out and go find you one.  I cannot stand sales people like this.  But enough ranting.

Thereís a couple of F850GS demo bikes in Los Angeles that Iím thinking about but having never ridden an adventure bike Iím not too eager to buy something Iíve never ridden.

Hopefully  I can find one soon, Iíve been absent from riding for a few years and am eager to get back on a bike.

Offline SHAG

• GS Member
  • Town / City: Bradford
Re: New Member from Northern California
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 02:57:36 AM »
Did you ride a bike to the dealer or arrive in a cage with shorts, flip-flops and a t shirt?  :400:
F750GS Premium
Yamaha X-Max

Offline Goback

• GS Member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 04:30:56 AM »
Lol I arrived in my work car with shirt pants and boots to ride.  No big deal though Iím heading up to Sacramento to another dealership.

Just trying to figure out is the GS is going to be better off road than the GSA.

Offline Goback

• GS Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2021, 05:19:42 AM »
Picked up my 2021 F850GS Rallye today.  Enjoyed the 80 back country trip home.  Loved every minute of it!

Offline SHAG

• GS Member
  • Town / City: Bradford
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2021, 01:59:03 AM »
Congrats on the new bike!   :062: Does it have all the goodies?
F750GS Premium
Yamaha X-Max

Offline Goback

• GS Member
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2021, 02:52:59 AM »
It has the premium package, center stand and Wunderlich engine bars are in the way for it.  The dealer didnít have them in stock so they ordered them.

Next will either be pannier racks or tank bars. Not sure yet.  I need to get a jacket and pants yet so that might come first lol