BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Windscreen advice requested  (Read 981 times)

Offline biker01red

• GS Junior Member
  • Bike: 2021 F750GS
  • Town / City: Troy, Ohio
Windscreen advice requested
« on: July 28, 2021, 07:50:57 PM »
I have just purchased a 2021 F750GS... I have ordered a National Cycle Z2382 VStream Sport/Tour windscreen.. Will this windscreen eliminate the wind turbulence over my Shoei helmet ??  If not, is there an after market mounting bracket that allows raising and lowering like the one that is standard on the F850GS ???   My Dealer said the F850GS bracket can be mounted on the F750GS, however that bracket has a different hole pattern for the windscreen.. I have used the National Cycle VStream on all previously owned BMW's, always has been a good product...  Thanks for your help....

Online SHAG

• GS Junior Member
  • Town / City: Bradford
Re: Windscreen advice requested
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2021, 01:59:16 AM »
Can't help but my slightly used 750 came with a MadStad shield.  Also has the little side wings. https://madstad.com/collections/bmw/f-750-gs  I really like it

F750GS Premium
Yamaha X-Max

Offline biker01red

• GS Junior Member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2021, 11:15:02 AM »
Thanks for the reply, I will check it outÖ..

Offline Matty589

• GS Pro
  • Bike: 2019 F750GS
  • Town / City: Surrey
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2021, 01:33:24 PM »
There are several thread on here about the quest for a reduction in turbulence. Have a read, there are plenty of recommendations. Madstad was awful for me, in the end the BMW adjustable screen mount and touring screen (which is pretty small) is just about acceptable for me. As always, YMMV :)

Offline SnoDrtRider

• GS Master
  • Bike: F850GS
  • Town / City: South Jersey, USA
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2021, 02:37:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by biker01red [+]
I have just purchased a 2021 F750GS... I have ordered a National Cycle Z2382 VStream Sport/Tour windscreen.. Will this windscreen eliminate the wind turbulence over my Shoei helmet ??  If not, is there an after market mounting bracket that allows raising and lowering like the one that is standard on the F850GS ???   My Dealer said the F850GS bracket can be mounted on the F750GS, however that bracket has a different hole pattern for the windscreen.. I have used the National Cycle VStream on all previously owned BMW's, always has been a good product...  Thanks for your help....

There are many variables that need to be considered when changing windshields...

What works for someone else may not work for you depending on seat height, your height and body proportions (You can have two people that are the same height but one may have a long torso and shorter legs and another person has long legs and a short torso). This means their seated heights would be different and riding the same bike with the same equipment one could experience buffeting and the other not.

Also add that the "bad" air you are trying to eliminate may be coming off your handguards or other equipment you may have added. 

There is also the place where the wind hits you to consider some people have no problem with the wind hitting them in the chest or shoulders as long as the helmet is not getting buffeted about while others do not want the wind to hit them at all.
Windshield angle also comes into the equation...
Bottom line is there is no windshield that will work to make everyone happy. 
I don't know where we are... but I have been lost here before...

Offline Crux

• GS Member
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2021, 05:07:39 PM »
I put the Givi Airstream on my 850GS and that was very good, but not as good as I wanted. It was ok enough to ride 10 hours in a day etc, but with no air at all it got hot, and still some buffeting if I sat up straight. I was planning to get the Madstad metal mount but the price and the additional windscreen Iíd have to get made me consider the gsa adjustable mount. Which I got. Iím extremely, surprisingly happy with it. So far this combo works. Iím going on a few thousand km/mile trip in a week so Iíll know after that.

Offline biker01red

• GS Junior Member
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2021, 08:36:31 PM »
Crux,
So you still are using the Givi windscreen with the adjustable bracket  ???  Enjoy your trip, I will be interested hearing how the windscreen combination works for youÖ

Offline Crux

• GS Member
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2021, 12:59:34 AM »
Yes, because it uses the same mounts etc anyway.
Iíll post an update after that trip.

My plan if it didnít work was going to be to add a top wing thing, per MRA (?) but only if itís needed. Since this set up so far seems to work even without extending the Givi airflow, I doubt Iíll be adding anything to the top.

Offline MOJO64

• GS Member
  • Bike: F850 GS Rallye
  • Town / City: Xemxija
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2021, 01:34:19 PM »
Just mounted the MRS Vario Screen on mine... Seems to work really well.

Always a biker forever.