BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Sargent Seat  (Read 1228 times)

Offline Gazza750

• GS Pro
  • Bike: F850GS Adventure
  • Town / City: Yorkshire
Re: Sargent Seat
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2021, 02:45:33 PM »
*Originally Posted by NEG5 [+]
I now have Sargent on my 850 Adventure having had one on previous 1200 RT - just back from 2300 miles in 7 days - long hours on the bike each day - great difference over the standard seat (which to be fair is ok) - they are not cheap 400 - 450 or more if you include heating however if you are going to spend long hours on the bike IMHO they are worth the investment - I sold my RT seat for 100 less than I paid for it after 4 years.
Hope that helps

Good feedback, thanks. The Sargent seat is so expensive. It's a lot to pay out without testing one first. It's a shame you can't simply 'try before you buy' like you can before you buy a sofa for the same price! 🤣.

I've got a 3500+ mile roadtrip this weekend and I'm sure I'll come back wishing I'd have invested in one

Offline SnoDrtRider

• GS Master
  • Bike: F850GS
  • Town / City: South Jersey, USA
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2021, 03:56:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by Gazza750 [+]
Good feedback, thanks. The Sargent seat is so expensive. It's a lot to pay out without testing one first. It's a shame you can't simply 'try before you buy' like you can before you buy a sofa for the same price! 🤣.

I've got a 3500+ mile roadtrip this weekend and I'm sure I'll come back wishing I'd have invested in one

Sargent has a return policy.
I don't know where we are... but I have been lost here before...

Offline Alrod

• GS Junior Member
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2021, 06:24:49 PM »
This is an interesting thread. I have a 2020 F750GS with the standard seat and find it very comfortable. I can ride hundreds of miles with no discomfort at all.  Although the bike came with a standard seat, I recently purchased the low seat to get my feet closer to the ground.  I can still ride for hundreds of miles without any discomfort.  Granted, all of my riding is on the tarmac. I do not go off-roading. 

Not to brag, but my wife is always telling me what a nice bum I have so maybe that has something to do with it? Having a meaty bum  :745: When I say "meaty", I am only 170 pounds so it's not a fat bum, but rather a firm one. I should also note that I have lower back issues which flairs up from time to time, but never when riding on my Beemer.

So are most of the riders here complaining about comfort, talking about their on-road, or off-road experience?  Every time I get on my bike it just feels so comfortable it's hard for me to comprehend these particular bikes being uncomfortable.  Perhaps when posting we can put our height, weight, and inseam to see if there is a trend?  I totally get the people with "boney" bums having comfort issues, but i'd imagine that would be on any bike.

Offline notacop

• GS Member
  • Bike: F750GS
  • Town / City: Temple City
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2021, 06:52:03 PM »
Based on what I've read here I bit the bullet and opened my wallet and the Sargent Seat should be here in a couple weeks.
Then i can report back as to how well if improves the ride.