BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !


Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Wanted - Lowered Sergeant / Wunderlich / Other Seat  (Read 664 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Jam25mack

  • GS Member
  • **
  • Posts: 15
  • Bike: 2019 BMW F 850 GS
  • Town / City: Dubai
  • Country: ae
Wanted - Lowered Sergeant / Wunderlich / Other Seat
« on: July 06, 2021, 06:39:13 AM »
Hi,

I have a 2019 850GS Rallye and I would like to change the seat to a lower / comfier seat (Sergeant / Wunderlich / Touratech / Other...

Anyone have one for sale who would be willing to ship to Dubai?

Thanks
2019 BMW F 850 GS

Bought 22.05.2021

Offline duncanmacster

  • GS Member
  • **
  • Posts: 75
  • Bike: F850GSA 40 Years
  • Town / City: Melbourne
  • Country: au
Re: Wanted - Lowered Sergeant / Wunderlich / Other Seat
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2021, 05:46:58 AM »
I have a 2021 40 Years GSA (Black with yellow). I have clocked up 600kms. The standard seat (also black with yellow, you can see it on the promo photos) on the GSA is too low for me and I would like the higher/flatter Rallye seat, which I had on my previous bike.

So, if you have the Rallye seat, we could swap? (I am wrestling with how we ride while the saddles are in transit.... :084:)
Just want to ride

Offline Jam25mack

  • GS Member
  • **
  • Posts: 15
  • Bike: 2019 BMW F 850 GS
  • Town / City: Dubai
  • Country: ae
Re: Wanted - Lowered Sergeant / Wunderlich / Other Seat
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 09:55:23 AM »
*Originally Posted by duncanmacster [+]
I have a 2021 40 Years GSA (Black with yellow). I have clocked up 600kms. The standard seat (also black with yellow, you can see it on the promo photos) on the GSA is too low for me and I would like the higher/flatter Rallye seat, which I had on my previous bike.

So, if you have the Rallye seat, we could swap? (I am wrestling with how we ride while the saddles are in transit.... :084:)

Hi there.

Does the 2021 seat fit on the 2019?

Also, do you know what the difference in height is? I know the Rallye is higher than the standard, just not sure by how much.

Will have a look at the pics and see if I could get on with a yellow seat! ;-)
2019 BMW F 850 GS

Bought 22.05.2021

Offline duncanmacster

  • GS Member
  • **
  • Posts: 75
  • Bike: F850GSA 40 Years
  • Town / City: Melbourne
  • Country: au
Re: Wanted - Lowered Sergeant / Wunderlich / Other Seat
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2021, 11:27:17 AM »
The seats all fit. Here are the height specifications:
Seat height, unladen weight   Rallye Seat: 35.0", Comfort Seat: 34.4", Standard Seat: 33.9", Low Seat: 32.9", Low Suspension Kit: 32.1"

I am still trying to determine if mine is Comfort or Standard.
Just want to ride

Offline SnoDrtRider

  • GS Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 587
  • Bike: F850GS
  • Town / City: South Jersey, USA
  • Country: us
Re: Wanted - Lowered Sergeant / Wunderlich / Other Seat
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2021, 10:26:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by duncanmacster [+]
The seats all fit. Here are the height specifications:
Seat height, unladen weight   Rallye Seat: 35.0", Comfort Seat: 34.4", Standard Seat: 33.9", Low Seat: 32.9", Low Suspension Kit: 32.1"

I am still trying to determine if mine is Comfort or Standard.

The "Comfort" set will have "High" molded into the seat pan underneath...

I don't know where we are... but I have been lost here before...

Offline duncanmacster

  • GS Member
  • **
  • Posts: 75
  • Bike: F850GSA 40 Years
  • Town / City: Melbourne
  • Country: au
Re: Wanted - Lowered Sergeant / Wunderlich / Other Seat
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2021, 07:37:48 AM »
SnoDrtRider, not my saddle. It has the part number 5353 8 564 836. Made in Italy. I wonder if it comes out of the Seat Concepts factory? It feels very comfortable, but I want the height of the Rallye saddle. (I am 6'4")
Just want to ride

Offline SnoDrtRider

  • GS Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 587
  • Bike: F850GS
  • Town / City: South Jersey, USA
  • Country: us
Re: Wanted - Lowered Sergeant / Wunderlich / Other Seat
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2021, 05:53:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by duncanmacster [+]
SnoDrtRider, not my saddle. It has the part number 5353 8 564 836. Made in Italy. I wonder if it comes out of the Seat Concepts factory? It feels very comfortable, but I want the height of the Rallye saddle. (I am 6'4")

Seat Concepts does not sell complete seats for the GS 750/850 they only have the foam and cover kit available which is what I was installing at the time I took the photo of my pan. They also only off one height and that is standard so it was lower than the oem comfort. The seat was more comfortable but was too low for me @ 6'2" and it put my knees above or even with my hips which bothered me after 50 miles or so.
I installed a set of Tour a Tech Lowered footrests which helped with leg room but I still needed a higher seat. I just got a Sargent Rally/Enduro height seat which is the same height as the factory Rally seat and I am quite happy with it. Between the lowered pegs and taller seat my knees are lower than my hips and it is just nice.
I can still flatfoot at stops so being taller than me (I have a 34" inseam BTW) you may want to contact Sargent and ask if they can make you a taller seat. If you have a 34" or longer inseam I would say you would want at least another inch over their standard Rally seat height.
I don't know where we are... but I have been lost here before...

Offline duncanmacster

  • GS Member
  • **
  • Posts: 75
  • Bike: F850GSA 40 Years
  • Town / City: Melbourne
  • Country: au
Re: Wanted - Lowered Sergeant / Wunderlich / Other Seat
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2021, 11:23:53 PM »
I have had a look at the Sargent pricing and it is clear they are a premium product. On my last GSA I had the Rallye seat and I was happy with it, so I will go with that again. A swap with someone would be the perfect solution.
Just want to ride