BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Sargent Seat Discount Code  (Read 1190 times)

Offline SnoDrtRider

• GS Master
  • Bike: F850GS
  • Town / City: South Jersey, USA
Sargent Seat Discount Code
« on: June 18, 2021, 03:16:21 AM »
Just pulled the trigger on a Sargent Seat and there is a discount code (13%) MOA2021V

I need more leg room despite adding the Tour a Tech lowered foot pegs about 6 months ago so I went with the "World Sport Adventure Touring" seat  https://www.sargentcycle.com/Seats-Accessories/World-Sport-Adventure-Touring-Seat-BMW-F750-850GS/
 which is billed as "Enduro Style" and the same height as the BMW Rallye seat at 35 inches. I originally had a "Comfort Seat' but that proved to be anything BUT comfortable so I went with my old standby a Foam and cover kit from Seat Concepts which is the same height as a BMW "Standard" height seat which is lower than the "Comfort" seat. This is the tallest saddle that I can find without having a custom seat made which Sargent can do should this not be tall enough. 
I don't know where we are... but I have been lost here before...

Offline dakotap

• GS Junior Member
  • Bike: 2019 F850 GSA
  • Town / City: Lafayette, LA
Re: Sargent Seat Discount Code
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 01:49:33 PM »
Hopefully you get yours quicker than mine. I placed an order on May 14th for a seat for my 850 gsa and was told a 1 week lead time. Itís June 18th and still not shipped. Iíve been told twice that they had a part that was back ordered and then their shipment of the back ordered part was lost. Now they have a small batch of the part to finish the backlogged seats supposed to have come this week but who knows. Hopefully this thing is comfortable. The factory bmw standard seat has me in pain after an hour.

Online MCMXCIVRS

• GS Member
  • Town / City: CALGARY
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2021, 03:31:29 PM »
I ordered one too and it shipped within a few days. Must have been the last one they had ready. At any rate, I'm quite happy with it. I had the Rallye seat on my GSA, and it was OK, so I was on the fence about getting the Sargent. I've had a Sargent seat on every BMW I've owned and really like their comfort and design. I'm happy I got this one now as it is an marked improvement over the stock seat. I also got the heat option, but did not use the controller they included, instead I'm running it from a Hex EzCan 2 which runs the seat with the grip heaters.

Offline SnoDrtRider

• GS Master
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2021, 04:20:25 PM »
My order confirmation included a note that there is a two week lead time as the locking pins for the seat were missing or delayed on the last shipment from their supplier. Not a big deal I don't have an extended multi day trip planned until Mid September and with the temperatures here we only do early morning breakfast runs of 100 miles or less most times.

MCMXCIVRS...
How do you like the Rallye height seat?
 I assume you are on the tall side... I can't get enough leg room on my bike despite the lowered pegs.

Online MCMXCIVRS

• GS Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2021, 04:03:07 PM »
I like the seat height, but have still considered lowered pegs for more leg room. I have a long inseam (34") for my height (5'11"). I would say the seat is maybe just a bit higher than the stock Rallye seat. Mostly it has a better shape and is noticeably wider. There is still a slight step at the back of the riders position, if I were to change anything about it I would probably shave that down so it was flat through to the rear seat area. The rear seat foam is much thicker than the stock Rallye seat. I don't need that as I never carry a passenger.

Offline SnoDrtRider

• GS Master
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2021, 05:35:34 PM »
*Originally Posted by MCMXCIVRS [+]
I like the seat height, but have still considered lowered pegs for more leg room. I have a long inseam (34") for my height (5'11"). I would say the seat is maybe just a bit higher than the stock Rallye seat. Mostly it has a better shape and is noticeably wider. There is still a slight step at the back of the riders position, if I were to change anything about it I would probably shave that down so it was flat through to the rear seat area. The rear seat foam is much thicker than the stock Rallye seat. I don't need that as I never carry a passenger.
Sounds like we are about the same build... yes the lowered pegs did help but the seat does need to be higher to get my legs at more of an angle. Sounds as if the combo will help for sure.

The step must be very slight as I don't see much on this photo...

Offline SaltyBob

• GS Junior Member
  • Town / City: Red Deer, AB
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2021, 03:02:33 AM »
Thanks for this.  Just ordered a Sargent Low.  The rally seat puts pressure points on my hamstrings after a while.  At 5'8" I'm hoping the low will give me a bit better reach too. 

Cheers!

Online MCMXCIVRS

• GS Member
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2021, 03:24:39 PM »
Here are some pictures for reference in case anyone else is looking at these seats. You can see the difference in width from the original and the side view gives a better sense of the step profile.

Offline SnoDrtRider

• GS Master
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2021, 09:08:06 PM »
Thanks for the photos! The back (pillion section) of the Sargent looks a lot taller than the photo from the Sargent site which is good IMO. The photo of the OEM Rallye Seat gave me flashbacks of the piss poor "Comfort" seat.

Offline SnoDrtRider

• GS Master
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2021, 10:13:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by dakotap [+]
Hopefully you get yours quicker than mine. I placed an order on May 14th for a seat for my 850 gsa and was told a 1 week lead time. Itís June 18th and still not shipped. Iíve been told twice that they had a part that was back ordered and then their shipment of the back ordered part was lost. Now they have a small batch of the part to finish the backlogged seats supposed to have come this week but who knows. Hopefully this thing is comfortable. The factory bmw standard seat has me in pain after an hour.

Have you received your seat yet #dakotap ?